TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
Well im not much of a club ho, but I really got into tools for a while. I always figured they would last forever. Im still waiting for the right time to pick up a nice roll away. I havent bought anything in a couple of years, but Im sure it will continue soon.So I figured why not have a thread where we post our boxes.
Heres my box, not much.
IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

My pride and joy, Ducks unlimited screwdriver set.
IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

That's a super nice collection Gas. I'm loving those offset open-ended Snap-On wrenches!

I could fill a 60" wide rollaway chest in no time with the tools that I have...

A mixture of Proto, Snap-On, Crapsman, Husky, Ingersoll Rand, Chicago Pneumatic, Klein and more.

I'm an electrician by trade, and a shadetree mechanice by hobby. All of which has led me to aquire more tools than a person should ever need (*and yet, I can still think of $50,000 worth of tools that I neeeeeeeed)

I'm feeling kinda tool anemic.

I don't have any pics of my setup, but I have a Mac Class 2 Super Station Macsimizer box (72" long, 27" deep, 46" high) that is pretty full (mostly Mac and SnapOn stuff). Plus, I inherited my dad's Mac top and bottom box full of machinist tools when he died (all kinds of calipers, mics, indicators, etc). All told, there's probably $100K or so in those two boxes. Tools do indeed last a lifetime if you take care of them. They're a good investment.

I don't have any pics of my setup, but I have a Mac M Class 2 Macsimizer box (72" long, 27" deep, 46" high) that is pretty full (mostly Mac and SnapOn stuff). Plus, I inherited my dad's Mac top and bottom box full of machinist tools when he died (all kinds of calipers, mics, indicators, etc). All told, there's probably $100K or so in those two boxes. Tools do indeed last a lifetime if you take care of them. They're a good investment.

I'm soooooooooooo jelous!

If the market would firm up a little, I'd get the Doodlebug sold (68 Bronco) and put that toward a chest like yours. My last toolchest kind of imploded (couldn't take the weight), so I'm living out of organizer bins, buckets, and hip boxes. It's pretty ridiculous, and terribly inefficient when working on a truck.

I've also been keeping a casual eye on the local auctions, I'd like to find an old US made or Spanish lathe and mill so I can start making some of my own parts and tools as well. Nothing cooler than one-off stuff of your own design.

I'm loving those offset open-ended Snap-On wrenches!
Those are my favorite, my brother gave them to me a couple of years ago. Its funny but I have a ton of tools in my truck and in other portable boxes that I seem to use more than in my stand up.

I don't have any pics of my setup, but I have a Mac Class 2 Super Station Macsimizer box (72" long, 27" deep, 46" high) that is pretty full (mostly Mac and SnapOn stuff). .
Those are awesome boxes, my old neighbor had one. It was huge, it looked like a jungle gym. Im jealous.

Off Topic, but Rockstar? Its all about Blue Monster!

That's a nice setup Gas, no way I'm posting pics of my little cheap azz set up. lol I can't really complain though, anymore I hate working on vehicles so I can't justify a nice tool chest set.

That is one heck of a collection Gasman. Now build us something....hehe

Very nice Gasman. Nice choice in brand (Craftsman). I've only got a little four drawer carry box. :sad: But it's cool since I don't really have a place to put a roll away. When we buy a house I'm going to get a rollaway. I really like the Craftsman Ball Bearing chests. A little pricey though.

Hey guys,I'm a retired Mac tool guy and still have a ton of stock left over that I havent tried to sell yet. I can sell to you for cost plus paypal fees and shipping cost

Gas...you consider that "not much"...? LOL...ok. thats an awesome box. I would love to have something like that in the garage especially for how much I work on cars. No way I'm posting mine now.

Hey guys,I'm a retired Mac tool guy and still have a ton of stock left over that I havent tried to sell yet. I can sell to you for cost plus paypal fees and shipping cost

Thats always good to know, thanks. I might have to take you up on that.

Gas...you consider that "not much"...? LOL...ok. thats an awesome box. I would love to have something like that in the garage especially for how much I work on cars. No way I'm posting mine now.

They arent being used too much anymore, they are sad tools.

Funny, when I read the title I thought this thread was about the guys who yell "get in the hole!"

Nice tools. I inherited my dad's red Sears box filled with a mish mash of stuff he collected over 40 years of tinkering. I don't know what to do with most of it.

Funny, when I read the title I thought this thread was about the guys who yell "get in the hole!"

Heck, I thought it was about my ex-boyfriends.

When I was single, I was pretty darn handy around the house. Now there's just no time for it. Instead, I have a really great handyman.

I'm puttin' you on speed dial!!

First thing I need is a chest, then I can do a proper inventory, and figure out where everything is, then I'll be calling. (I know I need ratchets, the Craftsman pear heads strip the pawl, and I wind up with bruised bloody knuckles, I also want one of the awesome Mac pitman arm pullers)

I got the Doodlebug sold, I'll finish it over the next few weeks, get it delivered, and then it's time for some toys!

My wife needs to see those pics and read some of these posts. I just finally purchased a nice Craftsman tool set with a complete set of sockets and wrenches. Pretty much every gift I received this Christmas was a tool. My new Dremel has been great for refinishing an old putter I want to make look like new again.

Well, I saw this post on tools, and that is my other hobby besides golf. So here is what I have in my shop in the basement. A little bit of everything, but I have been getting more and more into hand tools, and older unique finds, lately.

Enjoy.

208845.jpg

208846.jpg

208849.jpg

208852.jpg

208855.jpg

208856.jpg

And a couple golf related items I have made:

5569898942_df48f5e8b7.jpg

5569896660_60bc82c880_z.jpg

Back