My New Vintage SeeMore Putter

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Saw this over the weekend and grabbed it. Tried it out and it putted very nicely. It is an older model SeeMore. Not sure of the name or number as it was probably circa 1999-ish. At least that is what I am thinking. I am checking with SeeMore to get the specifics on this putter. The shape is interesting and since it is a SeeMore I just had to have it.

If anyone has information on this flatstick please let me know.

Vintage Putter:

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

Thats awesome!

I thought it was odd looking too. I will let you know what they say and hope to hear something tomorrow.

Definitely cool looking!

I thought it was odd looking too. I will let you know what they say and hope to hear something tomorrow.

If I may ask..... how much did you pay for it?

I'm sure you will. Those fellas over at SeeMore are on top of things all of the time.

That looks pretty cool. I too am interested in what they have to say.

That's a funky looking putter! If that rolls well, it'll get some looks on the greens for sure!

Nice - I actually like it. Told my wife this morning that I wanted to start collecting SeeMore putters after seeing this thread!

The shape is for sure interesting. If it fits your eye and works, game it.

The shape is for sure interesting. If it fits your eye and works, game it.

I agree with this.. The way I see it if you can put with a pink plastic barbie putter than use it... Plus to each his own

Absolutely Beautiful....Enjoy

Old school and I love it! Does the face still look/play well? I'd game that in a heartbeat!

Very cool! I love me some SeeMore!

Spaceman...the face is in really good shape. No knicks or blemishes and it rolls the ball well. I almost put in the bag yesterday. Will prob game it this week to give it a good testing. At practice it is great, but we all know how that can be. Will let you know how it goes.

Clay...I picked it up for only $20. Right place. Right time.

For 20 bucks, you had no choice but to buy the thing! Hope you get some info from SeeMore soon.

Not gonna lie. That thing is ooogly. That said, ugly doesn't mean a thing if it works. Let us know what you think, K :)

Hey Hawk,

It is not the sexiest looking putter I have, thats for sure. But like you said, if it works its all good. I am playing in a tournament in a few weeks and I will see if I am man enough to game it then. :)

Hey Hawk,

It is not the sexiest looking putter I have, thats for sure. But like you said, if it works its all good. I am playing in a tournament in a few weeks and I will see if I am man enough to game it then. :)

If there's one guy that could drain some putts with it, it would be you. Good luck, buddy!

Ok THP'ers here is the latest...I heard back from the SeeMore folks and did some research of my own and discovered the following:

The putter is called the Original Triangle Mallet. It was invented by Jim Weeks, a Southern California teaching pro and the original owner of the SeeMore company. Weeks actually filed for a patent for this Triangle Mallet in May 1996. I pulled the patent and read it which was quite interesting to review how they describe the putter. I am unsure how many were ever made but this is likely the precurser to the orginal FGP that Payne Stewart started using sometime in the mid-late 1990's and won the U.S. Open and Zach Johnson used to win the 2007 Masters.

The company was ultimately sold to Jim and Jason who have turned this ship around and are making some great inroads with a series of dynamic designs. My guess is you will begin seeing more SeeMores on the major tours very very soon.

It is still nice to have a piee of history in the Original Triangle Mallet. Since I have only seem two others since I got mine (thanks to Smallville for the eBay search) I will assume there are only three in existence. Just kidding, but its nice to think about this being a rare putter as it is certainly part of the beginnig of what has become an outstanding putter company.

Those who caught the fact that I actually read the patent on this putter can all say in unision that I had way too much time on my hands. Or, this could just be confirmation of how much I like these putters. I am going with the latter. :)

Cheers,

SMG

Last edited:
The putter is called the Original Triangle Mallet. It was invented by Jim Weeks, a Southern California teaching pro and the original owner of the SeeMore company. Weeks actually filed for a patent for this Triangle Mallet in May 1996. I pulled the patent and read it which was quite interesting to review how they describe the putter. I am unsure how many were ever made but this is likely the precurser to the orginal FGP that Zach Johnson started using sometime in the mid-late 1990's.

You mean Payne Stewart? Zach won The Masters with it in 2007; Payne won the U.S. Open in 1999. Although I suppose Zach could have been using the putter since the mid 90s.

Great report, and again, awesome find by you SMG!

Back