Gezer

junior golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Need driver
average swing speed roughly 89-94 (different each shot)
tried 910 and ahina was second best but wasnt forgiving enough so went on to the r11 got the blur 70 (i like heavy shafts as i got aldila nv 75 in 3w) both shafts in stiff
but when i he installed the blur i noticed on the but of the grip it said
"r11 fwy
blur 70 s
43"
now this shaft was the best for me (not enough time to try ping or superfast)
asked if i could go on the range and noticed it had a high flight (can change all that)
compared the club length with my bro's r9 reg shaft and it was about an inch less than his
just want to know if it was the best and if it was a fairway shaft or driver shaft (as im gonna look on ebay)
thanks

Want a low spin, mid launch with a smash factor of 1.40

I strongly recommend doing a search. There are HUNDREDS of threads on this subject and hundreds more reviews on the home page.

This is the ask the pro section JB :alien:

Just need the pro to show me what club and shaft I would suit.
And if the r11 isn't good for me then he can show me what would be best

Fitting is a much tougher proposition on a forum; I recommend doing exactly as you have... get fit by a local PGA Professional and see what works best for you regardless of brand or what is says on the shaft.

That being said, I can answer the question about the shaft. It is, in fact a fairway shaft. It's shorter nature doesn't necessarily mean you should automatically dismiss it. Shafts that are too long can cause mishits that rob you of ball speed, regardless of how fast you're swinging.

Good luck,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara

Sorry but when I was there he asked me what club I liked (not what clubhead would suit me)

Any idea where to buy this shaft (sorry but I've looked everywhere)

Is 42.25" the shaft I'm looking for?

Is it advisable that I do the fitting again.

I need a low/mid launching shaft as the course I regularly play is on a windy mountain
Want a low spin shaft to get more roll
(All from r11 blur 70 stiff)
What is 3560 backspin (low/mid/high?)
Also is 15.4 launch to low/high
Is 87 to low of a clubspeed

What you're asking here is pretty much impossible. You need to be fit on a launch monitor or atleast outside. Asking someone to fit you online is just not feasible. Not trying to be rude here but you're asking the same question as you did before he answered.

What you're asking here is pretty much impossible. You need to be fit on a launch monitor or atleast outside. Asking someone to fit you online is just not feasible. Not trying to be rude here but you're asking the same question as you did before he answered.

Ok but at least tell me if those numbers are good or not
Thanks

Oh and would like to know if I should do the fitting again.

Would like to know if the 42.25" shaft the one I'm looking for? As its the longest on eBay

Would like to know if the 42.25" shaft the one I'm looking for? As its the longest on eBay

This question would best be answered by the pro doing the fitting for you. We can't tell you what's best for you.

He said it was standard length (told him it was surprisingly shorter than my brothers stock r9 shaft) and said all tour players have shorter shafts.
True?

Is it true?

He said it was standard length (told him it was surprisingly shorter than my brothers stock r9 shaft) and said all tour players have shorter shafts.
True?

Does it really matter what the pro's do? Neither you or I are a tour pro so what works for them isn't necessarily whats right for us.

Does it really matter what the pro's do? Neither you or I are a tour pro so what works for them isn't necessarily whats right for us.

Pros go shorter for control because they don't need to worry about distance. Most amateurs need the extra distance and that is why the standard driver length has grown to 46". I personally prefer a shorter shaft because of my height and swing since it helps hit the ball square which will give more distance then a bad shot on a longer driver. I played a 46 and couldn't hit well...switched to a 44 last week and am doing much better.

I got a callaway fti 10* w/ speeder 586 (I think) tour spec stiff
Roughly 45 but grip down shaft as I'm 5"7 and have a very mcilroy (down to the ground) swing. I'd struggle with a full 46" club
My problem with the club is a draw head BUT I fade it ?
I feel like I come out of the down part. And have a longer backswing than I should causing me to loose balance. Also my head is weird moments after impact.

From my iPod ace 8gb touch :D
Like my tapatalk sig?

No just wanted to know if he was telling the truth. A's I didnt feel like he gave me the best fitting.

Like my tapatalk sig?

Pros go shorter for control because they don't need to worry about distance. Most amateurs need the extra distance and that is why the standard driver length has grown to 46". I personally prefer a shorter shaft because of my height and swing since it helps hit the ball square which will give more distance then a bad shot on a longer driver. I played a 46 and couldn't hit well...switched to a 44 last week and am doing much better.

I'm fully aware of what a shorter shaft does, my point was just because pro's do something doesn't mean its right for the Joe's.

I know what you meant but I feel as if long clubs don't fit me , and the blur (which I was "fitted" to) was shorter.
Also I saw small distance numbers on the launch monitor less than my average 3w drive, I feel like I should take it again (he wasn't the regular fitter, he is the repairer/club builder, and knows everything about clubs but im not sure he does fitting regularly)
Should I take the fitting again ?
Same place or different place?

Like my tapatalk sig?

I would say if you aren't happy go to a different place. I do all my fittings outdoors so I can actually see the ball flight

The fact is they had a launch monitor outside and I didnt even ask about using that one (saw it when trying the fitted club on the range)

Tappatalk on iPod 8g touch

The fact is they had a launch monitor outside and I didnt even ask about using that one (saw it when trying the fitted club on the range)

I would go back & ask for the regular club fitter. Just because he can build them, doesn't mean he can fit you. And use the outside doppler LM. I'm just assuming it's a doppler type here.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

That's what I thought aswell

I think the outside launch monitor is for Mizuno's only (its a mizuno centre)
So I'll ask and I'll ask more of what I want in a clubhead and shaft.
Thanks all

Back