soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
Is anyone here a member of their EWGA? I was at a golf expo and they gave me some info. I was thinking about joining, only $125 and you can sign up for a league, plus they have clinics, instruction and charity outings. Sounds like a good deal.

Is anyone here a member of their EWGA? I was at a golf expo and they gave me some info. I was thinking about joining, only $125 and you can sign up for a league, plus they have clinics, instruction and charity outings. Sounds like a good deal.

I've belonged for several years and love it. I think my chapter is the second biggest in the country. Lots of good friends, and having a regular league is great. We also have lots of other events and programs, including a girls' golf getaway weekend that coincides with my birthday--I make Hubby give it to me.

Our tee off brunch was a couple of weeks ago. It's so cool to walk into a room and see 200 women, all of whom love to play golf.

Are there additional fees other than the membership fee? If you join a league do you pay more or is that included?

My area's kick off brunch is next weekend, I think I am going to go and check it out.

Have they lowered the price? I remember it being higher. But $125 is just darn reasonable.

EDIT: looks like my section found a sponsor this year, maybe that's it.

It's so cool to walk into a room and see 200 women, all of whom love to play golf.

At least some of whom are going to start coming here?
bananadane.gif

Are there additional fees other than the membership fee? If you join a league do you pay more or is that included?

My area's kick off brunch is next weekend, I think I am going to go and check it out.

The membership fee is just to join. There are some benefits, and also different levels of membership. I think $125 is mid-level.

We pay league fees, which vary depending on the course. It's all public courses, so it's not bad. Events also have fees. At least check out the brunch.

At least some of whom are going to start coming here?
bananadane.gif

I've tried, Smallie. No luck yet.

I just looked at the website for the EWGA Chapter near me. (Just curious. No, I'm not going to try to join.)

How much does it cost to join?

Choose the EWGA Membership that works for you:
Executive
Offers you exclusive opportunities to network with other executive women across the Association. Executive-level members have the opportunity to participate in exclusive online discussion groups and attend invitation-only golf events with VIPs at five-star golf resorts during the year. $250.00 to join or renew.

Premier
Offers you the standard EWGA membership package filled with opportunities to participate in members-only events to learn, play and network. $175.00 to join and $150.00 to renew.

Classic
Offers a value conscious membership benefit package for those who may just want to try golf or get to know the EWGA better but still includes opportunities to reap the educational, play and enjoyment of membership in the EWGA. $125.00 to join and $100.00 to renew.

Student
For full time college students, offers a special membership rate of $50.

Are there other costs associated with being a member?

As you would expect, each event that you choose to participate in has a fee associated with it. Fees are commensurate with what you'd expect to pay if you went to the course as an individual, with perhaps a few dollars added for a prize fund or to cover the course's group fees. Occasionally the organization receives discounted greens fees for our larger events.

Claire-

I think I may have mentioned this before, but you should take a look at this page:
http://www.ewga.com/footer/faqs.dot

You hadn't, that I saw. Because it says "perspective member" instead of "prospective member"? That's embarrassing.

And Soxy, clearly prices have gone up since I joined! The lowest level used to be $75, and they didn't have the two-tier thing.

You hadn't, that I saw. Because it says "perspective member" instead of "prospective member"? That's embarrassing.

I thought it may have been way back at GFW. Just a deja vue I guess.

I thought it may have been way back at GFW. Just a deja vue I guess.

I don't remember the usage issue--or was it something else? I'm sure EWGA came up there a lot.

I don't remember the usage issue--or was it something else? I'm sure EWGA came up there a lot.

No it was the grammar issue. Like I said, probably just a deja vue.

Sure.

I'm still logey.

Weren't you logy the other day? Nah--that doens't look right. And I'm too lazy to go back and look.

Please don't tell me I gave you the flu.

Weren't you logy the other day? Nah--that doens't look right. And I'm too lazy to go back and look.

Please don't tell me I gave you the flu.

It's "logy".

Maybe I'm just suffering from a superfluous e.

Ok guys. Lets get this one back on topic.

My friends wife belongs to the Huntsville chapter.....
She really enjoys it....

I am a little upset that they dont have anything that organized around here for the guys...
Plenty of leagues, but most are private based....

bama

She really enjoys it....

I am a little upset that they dont have anything that organized around here for the guys...

bama

Oh dear, a man jealous that women have more golf opportunities? Maybe the tides are changing! :wink::angel:

Hi bama! I'm going to look for your welcome thread, you posted one, right? Love that your name is bama and you have an elephant picture.

She really enjoys it....

bama

I've spent hours looking for a co-ed league. I don't think they exist.

My mother was a member of the EWGA a few years ago and really enjoyed the tournements and things that she did with them. I dont think you would regret doing it.

My mother was a member of the EWGA a few years ago and really enjoyed the tournements and things that she did with them. I dont think you would regret doing it.

Why did she drop out?

Back