Man kills three Oakland cops; fourth is brain dead

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
That's really sad. To be honest I find the officer being Brain Dead is much more painful to hear than the deaths but both are painful.

Sorry if that sounds Cruel, I didn't intend it to be.

That's really sad. To be honest I find the officer being Brain Dead is much more painful to hear than the deaths but both are painful.

Sorry if that sounds Cruel, I didn't intend it to be.

I understand your point of view on this one. My dad was brain dead for a few days after an accident at work. It's tougher because you wonder if something can be done or if they'll come out of it (even though you know better deep down). In-the-ground dead is easier from a closure standpoint.

This is an awful story for sure. Families are forever shattered.

I understand your point of view on this one. My dad was brain dead for a few days after an accident at work. It's tougher because you wonder if something can be done or if they'll come out of it (even though you know better deep down). In-the-ground dead is easier from a closure standpoint.

This is an awful story for sure. Families are forever shattered.

Wow Klaymon, I never knew they could get out of being Brain Dead, did they know he would be back, or was it just a pure miracle?

I will drive up to this if it's open to the public as much as I hate officer funerals. It will be weird not having a uniform to wear to it.

Wow Klaymon, I never knew they could get out of being Brain Dead, did they know he would be back, or was it just a pure miracle?

No, you misunderstand. He died, but was on a vent for a few days while we decided what to do. Brain dead is a permanent thing, but in the heat of the moment and the grief that overcomes you, you may think that something can be done since they are still physically there and "breathing" (on life support, but still).

No, you misunderstand. He died, but was on a vent for a few days while we decided what to do. Brain dead is a permanent thing, but in the heat of the moment and the grief that overcomes you, you may think that something can be done since they are still physically there and "breathing" (on life support, but still).

Oh sorry Klaymon. I understand now, that is really sad.

Sorry to hear.

Thanks. Not trying to re-direct the topic. Just relating to what was said.

Sorry I misunderstood, you just mentioned he was in it for a couple days and then there was no follow up. I presumed you can get out of those.

Terrible, terrible story.

Back