A day of Snowboarding in Alaska

907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
So on saturday my best friend and I spent a few hours up at a local mountain and he took some pictures of me riding that day.

Now I don't race, I'm more of a slopestyle guy. But I haven't snowboarded in a few months, so I couldn't land anything but rails that day. But It was a fun day none the less.

Here are some of the pictures from the day:

Pulling a 180 off a small hit
l_026da87f9399487d8cf860d8a1b5bfe3.jpg

Tail press on a rail
l_1d91823ee138410e8a8b0a98753dbf25.jpg

Massive hit, was going for the nose grab
l_7e1caf64ddbb4b1880bb5b3908ae23be.jpg

Hiking one of the good hits
l_8cff865823dd49ed80bd5006ed9f7e3b.jpg

Ate it hard
l_f400760363c54ff99ac34296af18fb1d.jpg

I was on my butt a lot
l_bec3b864d8d8432ba48c558a806c4820.jpg

No love for snowboarding?

Aw, those last two are funny! Sorry, I've never snowboarded myself, but the folks I know who do really enjoy it.

I like snowboarding but am horrible at it. Lucky if I can stay upright for 40'. Prefer my ski's which I am fairly proficient on.

I like snowboarding but am horrible at it. Lucky if I can stay upright for 40'. Prefer my ski's which I am fairly proficient on.

I ski as well, and I'm a slopestyle guy there too. I will say I'm better at skiing, but I enjoy snowboarding more.

Aw, those last two are funny! Sorry, I've never snowboarded myself, but the folks I know who do really enjoy it.

I don't know what was up with me, I couldn't land anything so I was on my butt all day long. We're going again on Friday or Saturday, going to get better pictures when I can actually land something.

*EDIT* All my friends say that the second to last picture looks like it hurt really bad, but surprisingly it didn't.

I've invested so much time and money in skiing that I've been unwilling to spend my limited amount of mountain time picking up snowboarding. That said, I have tons of friends who love it and have been doing it since the early 90s. One of my buddies is a former member of the Rossi alpine race team. That was about 15 years ago, but to watch him carve still is a thing of beauty.

I've invested so much time and money in skiing that I've been unwilling to spend my limited amount of mountain time picking up snowboarding. That said, I have tons of friends who love it and have been doing it since the early 90s. One of my buddies is a former member of the Rossi alpine race team. That was about 15 years ago, but to watch him carve still is a thing of beauty.

I'm that way with skiing as well, 2 or 3 years ago I was like the best slopestyle skier in Alaska. I couldn't go as far as back flips, but I used to be able to pull 540's and 720's. But lately I've gotten more into snowboarding, and my normal ski money has gone to a new board and lift tickets.

Looks like fun! I live in florida, so no snow.

But there is such a delighted smile on your face! :smile-big:

But there is such a delighted smile on your face! :smile-big:

If you say so. It could also be me laughing at my ridiculous Korean friend acting like a "adjushi" (middle aged Korean man)

Back