Ping Gold Putters for LPGA

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a Press Release

Five LPGA players were given solid gold Ping putters that commemorate major wins in the last three seasons.

The putters were presented last week at the J Golf Phoenix LPGA International to Lorena Ochoa, winner of the 2008 Nabisco with a Redwood ZB model; Cristie Kerr, winner of the 2007 Women's U.S. Open with a Craz-E; Karrie Webb, winner of the 2006 Nabisco with an Ug-Le; Suzann Pettersen, winner of the 2007 McDonald's LPGA Championship with a Doc-15; and Sherri Steinhauer, winner of the 2006 Women's British Open with a B90.

"Whenever a player wins with a Ping putter, we build two gold-plated replicas of the the winning model," said Ping spokesman Pete Samuels. "We engrave the player's name and the tournament they won in the face. One of the replicas goes to the player, one goes in our vault."

For majors, the putters are made of solid gold, with an estimated value for $60,000 for all five putters.

504503863_mXMJD-L.jpg

dang! solid gold....awesome

How heavy would a solid gold putter be?

How heavy would a solid gold putter be?

i dunno, but when i was in Key West in that shipwreck museum i picked up a gold bar that recovered from some old sunken ship and that thing was HEAVY!

Wow, that's awesome.

Heavy Putter, move over. LOL

RS - every time someone wins with a PING putter, they make 2, one for the player, and one for their room.

post-16735-1234283400-3_thumb.jpg

[YOUTUBE]c6-jE9SxobA[/YOUTUBE]

thats a lot of gold in that room!

GB beat me to it, I wanna go in that room and see just how many putters are in there.

I woinder what the pros do with the gold putters.

i saw one of them for sale on Ebay a few months ago. but i cant remember whos it was. the guy selling it was a club pro and said the tour pro gave it to him several years ago

Why is the guy in the picture holding a golden wedge? I thought it was putters?

Why is the guy in the picture holding a golden wedge? I thought it was putters?

They have made a few wedges and irons. But they also have Tiger's Anser from one of his US Amateur wins, pretty cool.

Back