My New Favorite Artist

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Never heard of him before, never seen any of his work, and didn't even bother to Google him. But still my new favorite.

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2008/10/artist-refuses.html

Artist refuses to paint Monty's 'breasts'

monty_300.jpg

Colin Montgomerie has taken his share of abuse from golf fans over the years — Mrs. Doubtfire, the Goon from Troon — but now the dour-faced Scot is even getting dissed in the rarefied art world.

Scottish painter Jack Vettriano claims that he was invited to produce a portrait for the National Galleries of Scotland but refused the commission when he learned that his subject would be Monty.

"I don't do men with breasts," he said.

Vettriano, who regularly complains that his work is not appreciated by the art establishment, made the claim while giving a speech at a college near St. Andrews earlier this week. The painter said he was told by his dealer that the National Galleries wanted him to produce a portrait, but his initial interest evaporated when told his subject would be the ill-tempered, top-heavy Ryder Cup legend.

"I'm afraid the answer is no," Vettriano claims to have responded. "I don't do men with breasts. And I don't mean that as unkind to Colin Montgomerie."

Gallery officials say that discussions were held about creating a portrait of Monty, but deny that any formal approach was made to Vettriano.

Montgomerie's manager, Guy Kinnings, dismissed the pouty painter. "Colin himself just laughed about it," Kinnings said. "He doesn't know who the guy is, but he was surprised by what he said. He does tend to laugh about these kind of things."

Vettriano's best known work, The Singing Butler, was sold at auction for roughly $1.5 million, and Jack Nicholson is known to be a fan.

Too funny Harry.

Wonder if Monty is gonna start working out now? Not to be like Mr. America, but to get rid of his man-boobies!

I had to see how hot this guy was, that he could rag on everyone else...oy vey! It really is the insecure who tear down others, isn't it.

vettriano.jpg

I had to see how hot this guy was, that he could rag on everyone else...oy vey! It really is the insecure who tear down others, isn't it.

Oh my goodness .... :excruciating:

Was that a paint-by-numbers set there? :D

He could have atleast painted the picture and have his bro strap hanging out the sleeve of his shirt. :banana: :smile-big:

Point for Bogeyme

Last edited:
He could have atleast painted the picture and have his bro strap hanging out the sleeve of his shirt. :banana: :smile-big:

Point for Bogeme

I think I understand this?? Did you mean to misspell your own name, as well as the undergarment's?

I think I understand this?? Did you mean to misspell your own name, as well as the undergarment's?

You missed another pop culture reference Claire.

On "Seinfeld", George's father had man-boobs and Kramer designed a male support garment dubbed "The Bro" (or alternatively, the "manzziere")

You missed another pop culture reference Claire.

On "Seinfeld", George's father had man-boobs and Kramer designed a male support garment dubbed "The Bro" (or alternatively, the "manzziere")

Got me. I confess to never having seen a single episode of Seinfeld. I don't even know why not.

So you are that one person out there?

Any Seinfeld fan needs to watch Curb your Enthusiasm as well.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I didn't misspell anything. :roll:

Spoiler
I can't even spell my name. Time to go back to school. :sad:

Got me. I confess to never having seen a single episode of Seinfeld. I don't even know why not.

Watch the re-runs. If there was ever a sit-com to watch, that was the one.

Best show about nothing, ever.

So you are that one person out there?

Any Seinfeld fan needs to watch Curb your Enthusiasm as well.

Watch the re-runs. If there was ever a sit-com to watch, that was the one.

Best show about nothing, ever.

So shoot me. Sufficiently OCD that if I watch a television show, it has to be from the very first episode.

And watching however many year's worth of it would cut down on my time here. :angel:

We dont want that.

So shoot me. Sufficiently OCD that if I watch a television show, it has to be from the very first episode.

And watching however many year's worth of it would cut down on my time here. :angel:

Many years worth, even? (Or, you could argue, years' worth.)

Point for Julie!

00146LR-U.JPG

Many years worth, even? (Or, you could argue, years' worth.)

Point for Julie!

The apostrophe was deliberate, but I see your point. Pun semi-intended. Now you know we'll all think of that as you, don't you?

I suppose then, that this should be I (and I is correct):

ucrf046014.jpg

Last edited:
Back