Hacker Deserves Credit

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is part public apology and part thank you. This forum has taken a lot of work to get where it is. If you guys saw what it looked like when yours truly was starting it before bringing Hacker on, you would never have stayed longer than a minute. When we started this thing, there were just a few guys that decided we thought we could make a place where more people would have fun and we could create that place.

With the help of Harry Longshanks and Craig Mac we had the mods set but really not much else because none of us really knew the ins and outs of the tech side of it. At least Craig knew some because Harry and I were lost. Craig knew someone that could help and that person was Hacker; and boy has he helped.

But what some do not realize is that despite this site being a money pit, it is a full time gig for some. Dealing with companies every day, writing all the time, and of course moderation. We decided to hand those duties to others and have Forecaddie to thank for being a late night mod and cleaning up lots of spam. THP is a real corporation with real officers and effort goes into it every day. But few have dealt with the same headaches as Hacker has. Any problems, he is right on it. When JB deletes an entire section (damn him) Hacker was right on it. When any issues arise, he is right on it.

Well, in the past couple of days we have really taken this place to what we see the future will hold and that is to the masses. Being featured on the radio (and asked back by all stations) is a lot of fun. But in some cases, THEY contacted US because of the site we are growing and the things that go on here. That is the great news and we are happy to go on the air anytime.

However on each and every radio spot I have gone on, I have done ONE THING WRONG. I have been asked about the ownership of this site and I have always said "GG and I". That is just not the entire case. The elusive Hacker owns part of this company and we are proud to be partnered with him. He works tirelessly to make things run smooth and add features that just about no other forums have added so quickly. He is 100% selfless and has never asked for anything in return. However the one time I had a chance to give him his due, I left it out.

So for that I say I AM SORRY! To Forecaddie, Hacker, Craig Mac, and all of our staff writers, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without you guys none of this would be here. You all make THP the place it is!

Thank You!

I've always thought Hacker needs more "Thank you"s, but I've never really thanked him myself, either.

So, thanks to Hacker - for everything you do for this forum! And obviously, thanks to JB and GG, and the rest of the staff as well.

Well said JB and I'd like to offer my thanks as well to everyone who busts their tails selflessly for all of us It is a nice place to come to and relax at the end of the day or anytime.

I know you forgot about them but I didn't..

shame on you! :D

Thanks so much for what you do guys, without you all this forum would never last "a minute"

Well said JB! I know the rest of the staff doesn't hear it enough, since my thank you's have mostly gone to JB and GG.

THANK YOU ALL for the great work you've done to make THP the great place that it is.

I have only been a member here a short while but have been impressed with everything you guys and gal (pardon the phrase GG22) have done here. Not only to your core team JB but the members here are first rate and each evening getting on the site is one of the things I really look forward to doing. Thanks for putting such a great site together for us. Keep up the charitable work and the contests. I can this site getting ready to really blow up. I hope you all are prepared for the success headed your way.

I have only been a member here a short while but have been impressed with everything you guys and gal (pardon the phrase GG22) have done here. Not only to your core team JB but the members here are first rate and each evening getting on the site is one of the things I really look forward to doing. Thanks for putting such a great site together for us. Keep up the charitable work and the contests. I can this site getting ready to really blow up. I hope you all are prepared for the success headed your way.

I am not a religious person (I did just eat pork tonight during passover haha) but from your mouth to God's ears Keith

I am not a religious person (I did just eat pork tonight during passover haha) but from your mouth to God's ears Keith

mmmmmmmm, bacon.

Thank you JB, I do know how much you appreciate my involvement and it has been a great experience watching this forum grow! I know we were lucky enough to have on board several wonderful posters to get the site off to a great start!! I remember my first email with you JB as related to the site as me saying something to the extent of, "I'll check it out", and from day one it has been a fun experience. Your determination to make this a great site for the members is amazing. The phone calls to companies and dealing with reps takes a lot of energy. I'm sure many may see it, but to give back what you do to this site and its members is something you don't see everyday. Many people would be content to get free items and turn them around for a profit. But you take it upon yourself to give these to the membership at your own expense.

I have had a great experience here, and have to say the members here are top notch, it has been a pleasure to help out here.

Is that Kosher?

...and thanks Hacker.

Pork is never kosher.

Yeah this site runs so much more smoothly than other sites I've been on. Thank you to all that keep this running.

I had a pulled pork sandwich tonight... :confused2:

Thanks to everyone who helps run THP! It keeps me from going crazy in the winter and I enjoy the comraderie here!

Thank you time a billion!

I think the best compliment I can give to THP crew is just this, we would never know from the outside how much time it takes to run the site because it runs so smoothly. Thanks to all involved with this site it is a pleasure to be a member here.:clapp:

I have probably asked more of Hacker than any of the members here. I learned not to ask JB (bad things happen when JB tries to do anything LMAO)! Sometimes I think I should not ask him stuff because I don't want to be the only person bugging him . . . but in the end I say screw it and ask anyway! Hacker is a lot like the I.T. at your company. You don't think about how important they are when things are running smoothly (which is most of the time anymore). If you see them doing something, it's because there is something wrong. The good ones are the ones you just forget about, or wonder "what do they really do?" Which is why he (and your I.T. guys) don't get the accolades they deserve. And then you get people like me who keep him busy doing things and making changes. I try to thank him every time, but for those times I have forgotten, THANKS HACKER!

I have probably asked more of Hacker than any of the members here. I learned not to ask JB (bad things happen when JB tries to do anything LMAO)! Sometimes I think I should not ask him stuff because I don't want to be the only person bugging him . . . but in the end I say screw it and ask anyway! Hacker is a lot like the I.T. at your company. You don't think about how important they are when things are running smoothly (which is most of the time anymore). If you see them doing something, it's because there is something wrong. The good ones are the ones you just forget about, or wonder "what do they really do?" Which is why he (and your I.T. guys) don't get the accolades they deserve. And then you get people like me who keep him busy doing things and making changes. I try to thank him every time, but for those times I have forgotten, THANKS HACKER!

:crying: That was beautiful.

Hacker, I've done what you do; I know how it is. Thank you very much for all you do. We al truly appreciate it.

I think Hacker knows I have this not-so-secret crush on him. :love: Otherwise, I wouldn't torture him the way I do.

Yeah, the radio spots should have had him mentioned. I did not, and for that he deserved this thread.

Back