Slammin'SAM

Never a flatbelly
Reaction score
Handicap
Rare play
The white insert on my Odyssey putter is becoming a bit grey and discolored with time. The performance is unchanged, but I was just wondering if anyone has any secrets out there for somewhat restoring the original coloration of the insert.

Sam,
I had an Odyssey White Hot #7 for years and it became slightly discolored in Yellow. I used Magic Eraser and it was like new. Now I dont know if it will help with the Gray discoloring, but it worked for me and for a couple of dollars it is worth a try.

Mrs SAM just bought a Mr Clean Eraser yesterday - I guess that is essentially the same thing - I will give it a try!

(EDIT) Yes - it is a Mr Clean Magic Eraser

Last edited:
Here is the putter before cleaning with Mr Clean Magic Eraser

P1011648.jpg

Here is the 'after' photo - all I can say is WOW!!! Thanks JB!

P1011649.jpg

I think you can tell some improvement in my pics, but to the naked eye the change is striking. Thanks again for the input.:clapp:

I think you can tell some improvement in my pics, but to the naked eye the change is striking. Thanks again for the input.:clapp:

Always happy to help. The Magic Eraser is outstanding on a lot of golf equipment. Grips are like new, irons are perfectly clean and its not harsh enough to harm anything.

Back