I need a new 3 wood

scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
The 3 wood used to be my best club, now it has become my weakest.
I guess I need somewhat forgiving.
Any suggestions? I'm looking into the G10's or Adams new A4 models.

Unless it's an issue with a shaft that's too stiff or too whippy, I'd persevere with it. I'd probably concentrate on your swing & the mental approach to hitting that club.

Anyway, they're my thoughts.

Wow, Scooter has been on a shopping spree and it continues.

I just don't think the ones I have are the right fit for me...mentally. Though you are likely correct Brad!
I had the 906f2. I want that, but more forgiving.
I do tend to like heavier fwy woods. MY Cally Fusion is just too light.

well, what are you currently playing? it could certainly be a shaft issue.

regardless of the situation, try and test out some new clubs at your local range/course and see whether or not you feel it is a shaft or a clubhead issue

have you considered going used? it's not a bad option if money is an issue

Wow, Scooter has been on a shopping spree and it continues.
Gotsta be sprting sweet when I roll into Flordia don't I?!:D

Thats the truth.

Scooter...have you considered something with a shorter shaft like a rescue with 16* loft?

Scooter - I don't see any Ohio dates coming up for the Ping demo van... If you can hold out, wait until they come to town, and get fitted. It's a really cool process.

I'd suspect that Adams does something similar

Regardless, you can't go wrong with either one.

Well, went to GG today, nothing fit my bill really. I didn;t even demo any ne wones, just used ones. Most are big now and feel as if they are only good from the short stuff. I miss the old weighted heads that you could slam through the deep stuff. Who is making something thse days?
I need a 3 wood that does well from the fairway or the rough.

Only one that really caught my eye was the G10. A X Hot felt pretty decent, but I wish the head was smaller.

Any suggestions for a series or two older club to try?

Almost bought a sasquatch (newest one) round head, they actually feel the best, but I had a square head one and couldn;t hit it to save my life, same thing with their hybrids.

Now I love Nickent hybrids...JB how are those fairway woods you got from them?

We did not get any of the fairway woods coming our way to demo this time. But I really like 2 fairway woods out there right now. I love the Callaway FT-I squared wood. And I love my Callaway X (08 version). The suprising thing is that I do not really like either of those models in driver. But with the fairway woods I really like them. My playing partner plays the 08 version of the Nike square and swears by it. It is a well made club. If the Nickent is anything like the driver, it would be in my bag instantly.

i bought an Adams XTD hybrid/Fairway wood, and was rid of it within 3 weeks. hated it. i traded it in for a #3 A3OS. not quite as long, but so much nicer. i also have a TaylorMade V series 3 wood. sweet club! unfortunately, i have trouble off the fairway with it. but man, off the tee box.

Back