GoBe Golf Shoe Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
After several years of perfecting the golf shoe from the ground up, GoBe Golf is ready to debut its inaugural line of performance golf footwear. The company, guided by footwear industry veterans and PGA Professionals, has launched this high performance golf shoe line with a game-changing tread designed for ideal traction and maximum grip throughout the golf swing. GoBe's innovative, patent-pending Talon™ tread sole design allows for superior traction on the course without the need for cleats for a "go anywhere" design.

"The technology behind GoBe's 5-point star tread elevates the golf shoe so it is a part of a golfer's performance equipment," said Joe Allen, President, GoBe Golf. "The traction and wear benefits of these soles are clearly superior in comfort to cleated soles without losing any traction benefits."

GoBe Golf's innovative outsole is a patent-pending Talon™ tread sole design using a molded 5-point star traction pattern to provide maximum grip throughout the golf swing. The points of the stars grip the grass, creating superior traction without damaging the turf. The stars are strategically spaced to keep dirt and debris from building up. The sole's non-slip, traction stripes complement the star treads to stabilize the golfer during the powerful motion of the swing.

"The stars are a terrific breakthrough in tread design because the five points on the stars can really grip the grass without creating the pressure points traditional cleats cause which tire feet," said Allen. "The traction stripes are placed right where your feet need the most support during the swing to keep from sliding; it's added insurance against slippage. The confidence you get from those traction points will make a big difference in the power of your swing."

GoBe's PurTEC© upper is specifically designed to be roughly 20 times more water resistant than treated leathers. It breathes, keeps its color and shape, resists stains and is extremely durable in hot or wet conditions.

The GoBe Dry™ shoe liner has a patent-pending interior moisture management system; with drainage channels, aeration holes at flex points and notches above the toe area to drain perspiration away from feet. The moisture-wicking fiber lining also aerates, and has anti-microbial and anti-odor properties to keep feet cool, dry and fresh.

To extend the life of their shoes, customers can order an additional pair of shoe liners at no charge through www.gobegolf.com. GoBe shoes are built on a European last with a deep heel cup to keep the foot in place and a wide toe area for a natural, comfortable fit.

GoBe Golf footwear offers three styles for men at a suggested retail of $159 and two styles for women at a suggested retail of $139. GoBe Golf shoes come with a two-year warranty and will be sold only through high-end resorts, golf course pro shops, and online at www.gobegolf.com.

0000129_rebel.jpeg

0000134_rebel.jpeg

0000136_rebel.jpeg

0000119_prodigy.jpeg

0000124_prodigy.jpeg

0000188_pride.jpeg

0000187_pride.jpeg

0000189_pride.jpeg

Nice looking footwear and wish I could convince myself to try a spikeless shoe. Thanks for the info JB.

LtEvO TaPpEd

The stars are a interesting concept in cleat design, I can certainly see the idea of more area meaning more gripping power. I like the idea of "go anywhere" golf shoes.

I wear the FJ Contour and have no issue with gripping. These look even better.

Definitely a decent looking offering. I get the impression that these will be extremely comfortable from looking at how the heel appears to cup over and support the ankle.

Looking forward to hearing more about them.

Like the wide toe talk. Seems like a lot of thought went into them. I'd wear them

Posted via tapatalk.

Those black and red ones look really sharp! I've never tried a cleatless shoe, these may push me to do it!

Interesting concept with an ok design. I like the waterproof and traction benefits but the design just isn't blowing me away

Any retailers slated to sell them yet? Price isn't bad, but I can't buy shoes without trying them on first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nice looking kicks. The star pattern sole looks like a good idea. Hopefully they can find a retailer to start carrying them, would be interested in trying them on.

Any retailers slated to sell them yet? Price isn't bad, but I can't buy shoes without trying them on first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GoBe Golf shoes come with a two-year warranty and will be sold only through high-end resorts, golf course pro shops, and online at www.gobegolf.com.

Great looking shoes . I have never tried a pair of spike less shoes but would give those a try .

Hmmm, not sure if I like the looks of them or not. I think I would have to see them in person to see if I liked them or not. I definitely think I've seen cooler golf street shoes out there. But who knows...in person they might be impressive.

Not a big fan of the looks but may need to wait until I can see them in person or at least see some in hand pics. I am a big fan of spikeless shoes and it will be interesting to see if the star tread provides more traction.

They look...ok, I just don't know that I'd buy a pair without trying them on. Just on availability, I'd prefer the Eccos.

I like the looks. Somehow looking at the pictures, they seem comfy. I would wear them

I have never worn a spikeless golf shoe but these are nice I think I could see myself trying these

Not bad looking. I bet they would be good for a demo day or a long day at the course.

These look outstanding in my opinion. I've been wearing the FJ Contour for some of my rounds this year (usually when walking) and have loved them. I'd like to try these, though I've got a narrow foot and their bragging about the wide toe box has me concerned...

Skipped off the pond using Tapatalk

Certainly one of the more unique designs with the star style soft spikes.. I wasn't a fan until I scrolled down to this. I could probably rock these...

0000187_pride.jpeg

Those look freaking fantastic. And some of the info is interesting too. I may have to get a pair of these.

Those are really nice. I am not a huge fan of the price tag but I guess it is what it is these days in golf shoes. I would love to at least try these out.

I kind of like them. I would wear them for sure!

I'm digging the black and red ones. Never tried a spikeless shoe before, but these seem enticing...

Back