JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So this Thursday marks something special for me and my new bride GG. We will be heading to South Florida to hang out with family. That is not the something special for me though. The special part is Thursday is my Grandmothers birthday. Why is this special you ask?

Because she is turning 101. Happy Early B-day Nana.

Wow. Congrats to her.

I remember back when I was like 3, I went to my great-great-aunt's 100th birthday party.

Wow that is something to celebrate, tell your grandma that we said "Happy Birthday"

• Admin
Last year for her 100th my father flew everybody from around the country in to have this grand party. This year just a few of us with her.

Last year for her 100th my father flew everybody from around the country in to have this grand party. This year just a few of us with her.

wow! that is awesome. i bet she loved that day

wow that is very special, I'm sure we all wish her a happy birthday.

How wonderful! No one in my family has made it to 90. I thought I was lucky to have one Grandma 'till I was 31, and to know one set of great grandparents at all.

Wow, very impressive, go grandma!!!

How wonderful! No one in my family has made it to 90. I thought I was lucky to have one Grandma 'till I was 31, and to know one set of great grandparents at all.

Same here Claire. My oldest living relative is 85, that is my great uncle (my grandfathers brother). Most people in my family passed away by 70 or younger. I can't wait to meet his grandmother, I have heard so much about her.

Same here Claire. My oldest living relative is 85, that is my great uncle (my grandfathers brother). Most people in my family passed away by 70 or younger. I can't wait to meet his grandmother, I have heard so much about her.

When my mother met my father's grandmother (serious Hungarian matriarch), her reaction was: she's too skinny and she can't cook. A family friend, standing next to her, assured her that by the time mom was her age, she'd be as fat as my greatgrandma and would be a good cook.

Neither happened.

HEY! Cool JB! I live down here in South Florida! Let me know if you want to play some golf lol

holy crap 101? thats awesome. my grandma is 86ish and u wud think she is going on 287 the way she acts.

LOL that's funny! I was told she is a straight shooter, no messing around. She will tell it like it is....so I am prepared (I think).

My Grandmother is 4'11 and weighs about 95 lbs. She lived her life on fried food and ice cream and to think of what she has seen over the last 101 years is astonishing. She is hysterical as well. She gave somebody something last year and they said "Shirley, you are going to go to heaven". She smiled and said "Sounds boring and I wont know anybody".

"Shirley, you are going to go to heaven". She smiled and said "Sounds boring and I wont know anybody".

HAHAHA! thats funny

My Grandmother is 4'11 and weighs about 95 lbs. She lived her life on fried food and ice cream and to think of what she has seen over the last 101 years is astonishing. She is hysterical as well. She gave somebody something last year and they said "Shirley, you are going to go to heaven". She smiled and said "Sounds boring and I wont know anybody".

Surely you jest!

Spoiler
Stop calling me Shirley!

LOL that's funny! I was told she is a straight shooter, no messing around. She will tell it like it is....so I am prepared (I think).
Bah, you'll be fine. Meeting family is no big deal.

Where in south florida are you guys going GG? I live in broward county.

We are going to Pompano Beach. Just for one night. Then back here before we go on our honeymoon in 2 weeks.

Back