Lahinch Golf Club (Old Course) - Lahinch, Co. Clare, Ireland

DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I am back once again people. I'd like to share with you my experiences while playing at Lahinch Golf Club. Lahinch finds itself ranked 67th in the Top 100 Courses in the World. Unlike its neighbor, Ballybunion (who is ranked 11th), the quality of play is right on par. Lahinch is just another world class course located on the southwest coast of Ireland.

The course is relatively short, measuring 6613 from the white tee's. Unfortunately in Ireland they are very strict on handicaps and tee's played and even with a 6 I was not "allowed" to play from the tips. That was a tad disappointing but did not take away from the overall experience.

Here are a few shots to replace what I cannot describe in words...

Practice Green

DSC_0009.jpg

5th Hole - Signature Par 3 " A Dell" - 185 yards, completely blind shot

DSC_0020.jpg

Healthy bit of wind...

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Great pics! Beautiful course!! Makes me want to play Royal New Kent again, well I say that now....

Absolutely Gorgeous.

this course was harder than Ballybunion, especially with my game. The course has a lot of dogturn and with the wind I had a hard time shaping the ball. Ended the day with a 91.... limped out of there!

sorry for the late reply and digging up an old thread, but im looking to play this course within the next few months, this, Ballybunion and Royal Portrush...

thanks for the pics and tales :)

I'm so jealous!

Back