Golf Courses in Miami Beach

boromeo

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi everybody - I will travel to Miami Beach late November and would like locals to recommend which courses I shall play and/or which ones not. I am not into paying 200-300 $ in Greenfees either, but nevertheless there should be good courses around at decent prices.
Any suggestions are most welcome !
Thanks in advance.

Boromeo

In and around Miami you have the Biltmore, golf club of Miami, shula's, Doral silver, crandon park. Miami shores

Miami Beach GC charges $125 this time of year, and is probably the best maintained course in town. I'm not crazy about the layout, but it is always in great shape. Other public courses close to the beach are Normandy Shores, Crandon Golf and Miami Shores. The latter is the cheapest of the three. One of my favorites is Normandy Shores, and is just as well maintained as Miami Beach IMO. They all offer twilight rates too, except for Miami Beach. Good luck!

Reactions: JB
Canes has some good suggestions.

What's the radius you're willing to travel?

Canes has some good suggestions.

What's the radius you're willing to travel?

Thanks everybody for your advices ! I think the radius shall be 10-15 miles max

It looks like I'll be travelling for work to Miami next week arriving Wednesday night and leaving Friday, and could possibly sneak in 2 rounds of golf if I get out by 7:30 or so in the morning Thursday and Friday (Thursday meeting is at 2pm, Friday flight leaves at 2:55 pm). I'll look up these courses (thanks for the info), but if any THPers are free either Thursday or Friday morning to play fairly locally to Miami, I'd love to tee it up. Let me know!

I'm sure we can put something together. I'll drop you a pm later.

Hi Canes - well arrived here in SoBe. Could you or anyone else tell me where the best spot is to buy golf shoes ?

Hi Canes - well arrived here in SoBe. Could you or anyone else tell me where the best spot is to buy golf shoes ?

Are you on south beach or north beach? There is an Alf's golf between South and North Miami Beach

Boro, you busy Thursday morning? If not shoot me a pm, there's a few of us playing that morning in Miami. Love for you to join us brother.

Unfortunately I will be busy Thursday till Saturday for business reasons. Sorry, and thanks a lot for the proposal.

Are you on south beach or north beach? There is an Alf's golf between South and North Miami Beach

It was on 41st street, but it's closed. They reopened on US-1 close to University of Miami.

I can't think of any golf shops in SoBe besides Miami Beach golf club, but that will be overpriced. Your best bet might be Sports Authority in the Midtown shops just off I-195 and Biscayne. It's about a 10 minute drive from Collins & 17th st.

Thanks Canes - will go to Miami Beach Club anyway as it is less than 2 miles from our hotel. If too expensive then will have a go at Sports Authority at North Ave. Have played Crandon yesterday which is slightly tricky if you don´t know the course and today Normandy which is in truly great shape as you indicated. Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it !

Keep your wallet in your pocket this time.

Yeah, good idea. Boarding flight to Miami in 5 minutes

Safe flight bro! See you in the am.

Hopefully I can swing a club.

Thanks Canes - will go to Miami Beach Club anyway as it is less than 2 miles from our hotel. If too expensive then will have a go at Sports Authority at North Ave. Have played Crandon yesterday which is slightly tricky if you don´t know the course and today Normandy which is in truly great shape as you indicated. Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it !

No problem.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354241116.997457.jpg

I love Miami

Hahaha! Glad you had a good evening dude. Enjoy yourself tomorrow.

Golf4life, what course(s) did you play and what did you think of them?

Back