Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Nike VR Split Back irons arrived today. Here are some unboxing photos

P1000060.jpg

P1000061.jpg

P1000062.jpg

Nice looking clubs... how do they hit compared to Mizuno? Are they going to send the new victory wedges?

• Admin
Just got them 10 minutes ago. Will not be hitting them until tomorrow at the range. The wedges come next month I believe.

Look good in the address postion..note to self..edit out sock toes in pics, hehe

i saw Tiger hitting them on the Golf Channel yesterday. the long irons are blades,right?

• Admin
i saw Tiger hitting them on the Golf Channel yesterday. the long irons are blades,right?

Here is a picture side by side of the 4 iron and PW

P1000063.jpg

Dangit, where are mine!!!!!!
You gotta go hit those Josh!

We are hoping fellow member TinCup Tampa will join us tomorrow to hit a few.

Those are very nice. A forged cavity back is a very cool thing to see on the market (only a couple of others I can think of). Mid-handicappers should be thrilled to see these.

I'm just curious JB, what are the stock shafts on these? And are they the same stock shaft as the blades? Thanks!

907, I am a little behind due to all of this stuff coming today, but I will have all of that in the review in the next few days.

907, I am a little behind due to all of this stuff coming today, but I will have all of that in the review in the next few days.

Alright sounds good.

those are pretty JB... not to thick of a topline in one of those shots

They really are a nice looking club. I was not too thrilled based on pictures, but when they arrived, they are very nice looking.

Can I ask for a quick pic of the grips? I've read they are sorta slick in feel?

yeah, that wouldnt suprise me

its hard to find a quality grip stock

We will put up some pics tomorrow when TinCup and I are at the range. The grips are typical stock crap for the most part. These arent as bad as others have said, but they still are not great.

i hope they're more successful than the Sumo's. i guess i saw Tiger using the TW Blades. JB, your right big toe nail looks like it may need a trim.:glasses-nerdy:

Had a pedicure with the better half yesterday, so you are mistaken.

Finally saw the whole line today! I opted not to hit any and just wait for my splits to arrive early this week.
I felt each one and really looked them over.
The blades look great and I wish I would have split my set up and went with the blades in 8-pw. Though the splits will work just fine by appearance.

The Splits, well even though thse are what I have coming, I think these are the less appealing graphics wise to all of them. I was worried abotu the long irons, but they do have anice cavity back there, so I should be good!

What really impressed me visually was the full cavity backs. They look pretty sharp to me. Though the offset is too much and a wee bit too much bulk on the shorts for them to work mentally for me, they appear to be first class and not so honking huge. I'd love to have these 3-6 for ease of use, as I can only imagine they are super easy to hit.

Lastly, bought a 56/10 and a 60/06 VR wedges today. Feel good, grind is nicer than the SV tours (a sleeper fav of mine, they are going cheap now if you want a nice wedge at a nicer price). Can't wait for the weather to clear a little the next few days so I can give them a go.

Press pics, etc do not do these clubs justice as people have said. They are not nearly as gaudy and tacky as the intital reactions were.

Tincup Tampa and I both hit the set that Nike sent us today limited of course since we were really demoing drivers and hybrids. I fell in love with them and will try them on the course on Monday. I much prefer these to a straight blade. They look blade like at setup but you still get some forgiveness.

The pro from the club hitting with us today agreed and preferred them to his AP2's

Y aknow JB. A month or so agao I was all set to snag some AP2's. Went and tried them, hated them. Couldn't hit them worth a darn. The ZB's I could, but ran into my usuals struggles with long MB/blade irons. Tried them on three different occasions, same thing, just hated them. Isn't that weird, a fairly forgiving player's iron and I couldn't hit them to save my life! I can hit pure blades better.

ON the splits, I noticed the back sticks out a wee bit on the longs if you close the face at all. This doesn't bother me at all, but worth noting for people who do care. Not visible on the shorter irons.

I didnt think it was visible at all at address. Only when picking up the club.

Back