Amanda Blumenhurst Turns Professional

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
AMANDA BLUMENHERST TURNS PROFESSIONAL AFTER BRILLIANT AMATEUR CAREER

Three-time National Collegiate Player of the Year and 2008 U.S. Women’s Amateur Champion signs with IMG for management and marketing representation.

After concluding her brilliant amateur career with a tie for fourth place at the 2009 NCAA Women’s Golf Championships, Amanda Blumenherst announced today that she has turned professional and signed with IMG, the world’s leading sports, entertainment and media company, for worldwide management and marketing representation.

Blumenherst earned an impressive list of accomplishments and accolades during her amateur career, including being named National Player of the Year in her first three years at Duke while leading the women’s team to two NCAA Championships in 2006 and 2007, as well as winning the U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship in 2008.

Last Friday, Blumenherst was awarded the Dinah Shore Trophy by the LPGA Foundation for the second consecutive year. The Dinah Shore award is presented to the female collegiate golfer who excels in both academics and athletics, while also demonstrating outstanding leadership skills and community service. Blumenherst was also a two-time recipient (2007, 2008) of the Nancy Lopez Award, presented annually to the most outstanding female amateur.

Blumenherst graduated magna cum laude from Duke earlier this month, earning her degree in History, with minors in English and Theatre Studies.
“This is obviously a day that I have dreamed of for many years, and I’m thrilled that it has arrived,” said Blumenherst, who will be managed by Matt Iofredo at IMG. “I’m excited about meeting the challenges that playing professionally will present and look forward to working with IMG to be the best player, and representative for women’s golf, that I can be.”

The 22-year old Blumenherst, who was born in Scottsdale, Arizona, began playing golf at the age of four and has competed as an amateur in five LPGA events over the past three years, including the U.S. Women’s Open in 2006 (T10) and 2007 (T50). She will make her professional debut at the Michelob ULTRA Duramed FUTURES Players Championship, June 11-14 and her LPGA Tour debut at the Wegmans LPGA, June 25-28.

“Amanda will certainly go down as one of the most successful collegiate golfers that we have seen, and we look forward to continued success for her as a professional,” said Clarke Jones, Senior Vice President and Global Director, Golf Clients for IMG. “Amanda’s ‘star power’, both on the course and off, promises to make the future of women’s golf even brighter and we look forward to assisting her and her family at every step of her career.”
. . .

Thanks, Harry. I like hearing about the scholar-athletes!

Back