Top flight gamer vs. gamer v2 ??

Alan4014

Reaction score
Handicap
From reading on here I was thinking that the gamer was the original or at least the first of these two, then I guess they came out with the v2? Is that correct? Now the v2 is on sale and the gamer is back on the shelves (I don't recall seeing it last year).
So my question is do I have that correct or if not what was the progression? Did they do that to match up with the gamer tour or go back to the original? Is their any significant difference between the two? I see no mention of the v2 on the website. Thanks

Keep in mind anything new they put out, is not going to be made the same generally speaking. Top Flite was sold by Callaway to Dick's Sporting Goods and is now a house brand owned and sold exclusively by the company.

From reading on here I was thinking that the gamer was the original or at least the first of these two, then I guess they came out with the v2? Is that correct? Now the v2 is on sale and the gamer is back on the shelves (I don't recall seeing it last year).
So my question is do I have that correct or if not what was the progression? Did they do that to match up with the gamer tour or go back to the original? Is their any significant difference between the two? I see no mention of the v2 on the website. Thanks

There was an original Top Flite gamer, then the Top Flite Gamer V2, then Top Flite changed hands (From Callaway Golf to DSG as JB mentioned) And now there is a Top Flite Gamer, and Gamer Tour. I believe with the Gamer Tour being a urethane ball.

Here's a thread.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?39964-Top-Flite-Gamer-V2-Tour

Thanks that answered my question. I picked up the v2 after reading some positive feedback on here. Then got the tour but have only played 1 round with it because it has been so wet, and I don't need the spin in these wet conditions. I just wasn't sure why the change back to the original name, but got it now.
So who is making them, or did dicks pick up a factory? Are they as good as they were before or is the ball just different?

Back