Push cart/power cart mixed use bag?

chowdn

Reaction score
Handicap
My 8yr old discount Nike bag (with 2 whole zippered pockets!) is starting to show it's age.. Has anyone found a good mixed use bag?

I've gone through a bunch of the posts, but no real consensus on push (Clic 2.0) + powercart bags, that aren't a full on cart bag.

A cart bag would be nice, but so would being able to pack a couple bags and the pushcart into the trunk. (so a full size cart bag is out)

So far, the Ogio Edge looks like a good choice. Any other suggestions?

Possibly one of the best is the Sun Mountain MPB

901026.JPG
901019.JPG
901033.JPG

901057.JPG
901002.JPG
901040.JPG

I play a lot golf in the desert. So if I were choosing a bag, cart, or carry, it best have enough room, with an insulated compartment for a 6 pack of my favorite beverage. Thank goodness for the "turn", and a chance to reload. Seriously though, a bag that has quality zippers would be a plus to own. That is the only problem I have ever had with a bag, is the zippers wearing out. Another thing I look for in a bag, is that it has enough room at the top, so that the 13+ clubs are easier to find, since I use head covers for my irons. I have a "ClicGear" trolley that hauls my stuff in a Tour Edge bag. Weight is of no concern to me. :comp:

I play a lot golf in the desert. So if I were choosing a bag, cart, or carry, it best have enough room, with an insulated compartment for a 6 pack of my favorite beverage. Thank goodness for the "turn", and a chance to reload. Seriously though, a bag that has quality zippers would be a plus to own. That is the only problem I have ever had with a bag, is the zippers wearing out. Another thing I look for in a bag, is that it has enough room at the top, so that the 13+ clubs are easier to find, since I use head covers for my irons. I have a "ClicGear" trolley that hauls my stuff in a Tour Edge bag. Weight is of no concern to me. :comp:

My 8yr old discount Nike bag (with 2 whole zippered pockets!) is starting to show it's age.. Has anyone found a good mixed use bag?

I've gone through a bunch of the posts, but no real consensus on push (Clic 2.0) + powercart bags, that aren't a full on cart bag.

A cart bag would be nice, but so would being able to pack a couple bags and the pushcart into the trunk. (so a full size cart bag is out)

So far, the Ogio Edge looks like a good choice. Any other suggestions?

OGIO Edge is a great bag and we reviewed it on the main page. I am a huge fan of OGIO and the products they make. I also like the BagBoy Clip Lok. Both are great stand bags.

Welcome to THP.

I purchased the 2008 OGIO Edge model last year and absolutely love it. I walk probably 60% of my rounds and it’s very comfortable. The torque strap makes it a great bag on the cart as well.

OGIO Edge is a great bag and we reviewed it on the main page. I am a huge fan of OGIO and the products they make. I also like the BagBoy Clip Lok. Both are great stand bags.

Welcome to THP.

Ended up going with the OGIO Edge.. so far looks to be a very good bag. Lots of pockets and while not super light, not brutal.

They didn't have the Sun Mountain MPB in stock, and the I finagled $50 the OGIO off so that made things easy. :)

Thanks!

I posted this somewhere else but I've got a Sun Mountain Speed Cart Bag and LOVE IT!!! It's perfect for push cart or power cart use, not to mention it's relatively easy to carry to/from clubhouse, driving range, etc. Get one, they're great!

The ONLY thing I don't like so far, is the pockets are TINY. If you carry a jacket + rainpaints.. good luck!

Back