Project X LZ Shaft - THP TV

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV caught up with Don to discuss the LZ shaft again and this time more on the properties that make it unique.

Loved hearing exactly what LZ was all about and the benefits of using it

Thanks, I had heard a lot about this shaft, but didn't know what made it different. Now I know!!

A shaft that makes loading easier without the need for additional swing speed? That's a winning combination.

Man, I'd really like to give an LZ a try. Who doesn't want more speed without swinging harder?

I like the shaft even more. It just works for me.

Cool to get a little description of why the shaft is laid out the way it is

Very interesting shaft. Sounds like a shaft that I need to try. Gaining more club head speed with out swinging faster, who would not like that?

Glad I watched that. My initial thought on any PX shaft is tip stiff and boardy, but the layout tells me I'd more than likely enjoy this one from a feel perspective at least.

I need to pull the trigger on this one. Fascinated by this shaft.

Good info. A shaft option I will consider.

I'm really intrigued by these, the mid section especially. I need to get my hands on one at some point.

This dude looks so intense.

Great bit of info.

I'm really intrigued by these, the mid section especially. I need to get my hands on one at some point.

Yeah you do, they are awesome. I loved the driver so I had to go out and get the 70g for the 3w. They are for sure long, but for me the biggest selling feature is consistency. It seems like even bad swings go straighter with the LZ. For sure not as boardy feeling as the previous PX offerings.

From watch the videos of a leading head designer/engineering team. As they continue to push the envelope to produce the optimal
Launch conditions for the average golfer. How does the shaft manufactures answer the call and keep it economically achievable. I'm not talking about the "made for"fallacy that exists.

From watch the videos of a leading head designer/engineering team. As they continue to push the envelope to produce the optimal
Launch conditions for the average golfer. How does the shaft manufactures answer the call and keep it economically achievable. I'm not talking about the "made for"fallacy that exists.

Well made for, is just that, a shaft that is designed for a head and as you put it, the misnomer that exists is just inaccurate because of how people are making the comparison. Shaft companies such as Project X are finding new ways to maximize the profiles and make sure that unique differences are there because golfers are quite different.

I like the shaft even more. It just works for me.

its still hit or miss for me..... its either really good or i have issues when i swing hard. its hard for me to lay off a drive more than any other club and thats where i struggle. somedays i groove it so well and other days if i keep going after it i get in trouble but for a slower swing speed player this shaft has to be great. i have let a bunch of people hit it and everyone has liked the shaft i just think it has been a rough time adjusting for me and to get consistent with it on a daily basis.

I need to try this thing out.

its still hit or miss for me..... its either really good or i have issues when i swing hard. its hard for me to lay off a drive more than any other club and thats where i struggle. somedays i groove it so well and other days if i keep going after it i get in trouble but for a slower swing speed player this shaft has to be great. i have let a bunch of people hit it and everyone has liked the shaft i just think it has been a rough time adjusting for me and to get consistent with it on a daily basis.

I have yet to run into the shaft not keeping up. We also load the club differently. It's been the most consistent shaft for me. If I had one beef, I'd say I feel like I wish it had a bit more kick. I feel I've maxed what distance I'm going to get out of it

I have yet to run into the shaft not keeping up. We also load the club differently. It's been the most consistent shaft for me. If I had one beef, I'd say I feel like I wish it had a bit more kick. I feel I've maxed what distance I'm going to get out of it

Can you explain that? Based on the construction and how the middle segment (they call it loading zone) is built, I would think few shafts would offer more kick.

THP TV caught up with Don to discuss the LZ shaft again and this time more on the properties that make it unique.

Conceptually it sounds great as I'm very interested in the idea of a shaft that's quite stiff at both ends of the spectrum, however I do have some concerns on how much it would increase spin -- and if it does, what kind of golfer they are reaching to with the release.

I love the ideas companies are coming up with. Rather than making it stiff/soft in the butt or tip, they are finding more unique ways to help load the club in the zone.

Conceptually it sounds great as I'm very interested in the idea of a shaft that's quite stiff at both ends of the spectrum, however I do have some concerns on how much it would increase spin -- and if it does, what kind of golfer they are reaching to with the release.

I love the ideas companies are coming up with. Rather than making it stiff/soft in the butt or tip, they are finding more unique ways to help load the club in the zone.

It is getting play across the board. Tour level use has gone up just about every single week and especially overseas. Amateur use and sales have spiked in recent months as well.

Can you explain that? Based on the construction and how the middle segment (they call it loading zone) is built, I would think few shafts would offer more kick.

With other shafts in the past when I wanted a bit extra I could get it. With this shaft, and maybe it the model I have (60 gram), it doesn't get me that extra. I actually don't feel this shaft kick like others. I know that when I swing that the club head will be where it's supposed to be and the trajectory will be consistent.

I've enjoyed this shaft in my BB so far. It's passed the seeing eye test on the course. I haven't had it on a launch monitor yet, but I'm getting a bit more distance. Bad swing still leads to bad results :banana:

With other shafts in the past when I wanted a bit extra I could get it. With this shaft, and maybe it the model I have (60 gram), it doesn't get me that extra. I actually don't feel this shaft kick like others. I know that when I swing that the club head will be where it's supposed to be and the trajectory will be consistent.

Very interesting. I would venture to say that is due to a fitting aspect more than a shaft characteristic aspect.

Back