Issue with DNAs Fixed?

Billygoat

Reaction score
Handicap
Lots!
Hi All,

I'm heading to NYC on vacation next month and plan on doing some shopping. I had been considering the Footjoy DNAs with the BOA system for quite a while before reading all of the reviews about the spikes constantly falling out of them. With the complaints being so widespread (even a bunch on FJ's own website), I'm wondering if they quietly addressed the issue with a small revision. Does anyone know if the problem is still there with the current DNAs going out the door or if they fixed it?

Thanks!

The recent pair I got did not appear to have any changes. I have not had spikes fall out even with my early pair, but the spike placement sure is interesting.

I have a pair of earlier generation DNAs that had this problem I called and they said that there was spike issue, the problem had been identified and corrected with different spike for all future pairs.

If you do have a problem with them coming out, give them a call. They offered to overnight a set of replacement spikes for both shoes at no cost. The problem for me was when I got the replacement spikes they sent me 8.. Somehow the math was off.

I've had mine for quite some time and have had no issues.

The spike that are under the ball of my foot have broken off on both sides. I don't notice anything when I play though.

The recent pair I got did not appear to have any changes. I have not had spikes fall out even with my early pair, but the spike placement sure is interesting.

That lone spike is still sticking out from the front corner of the shoe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had no problem with my early shipment pair, but according to our Titleist/FJ rep, there were two minor problems with early batches. The first being the spikes falling out and the other being a separation of the sole and upper (had to send a couple of pairs back at work and new pairs were sent), but both problems were resolves by early/mid Summer.

I bought them when they initially came out and the spikes on the outside of my left foot (i'm a right handed golfer) would fall out all the time. My pro shop called out there and they replaced the spikes with a whiter looking spike. Still had the same issue. Footjoy said some of the earlier batches were over torqued and so my pro shop shipped them back and I got a new pair. I haven't had issues with the spikes coming out except once on the outer most spike on my left foot. The spike will dig in and grass will get caught up inside the spike receptacle. So when I clean my shoes, I'll pop out the spikes and clean the spike and spike receptacle and rotate them. I can definitely see where dirt and grass works its way between spike and it's receptacle which makes the spikes pop out.

Kind of disappointing for a $200+ shoe. It's a really nice shoe with some serious grab but maybe that's the problem. I was going to buy up different colors but I'm going to pass. I'm happy with jut the one and looking forward to the UA shoe that comes out next spring (i'm a total UA ***** in all my clothes, not just golf) because I'm a fan of their products or pick up some Adidas. But I think this will be my last pair of Footjoys.

First pair: spike on front outside of front foot fell out repeatedly when hitting balls at range, then plastic sole started separating (glue) from leather upper (after only a few rounds). Exchanged them for a new pair. Exact same thing happened. Full refund.

My sole on the left shoe is now seperated Im going to call FJ this week and hopefully they replace mine.

Still no issue regarding the spikes, they do squeak when walking though and it's not a quiet squeal either

My sole on the left shoe is now seperated Im going to call FJ this week and hopefully they replace mine.

Should be replaced. Been a common issue.

Footjoy sent me out new spikes about a month ago. It turns out the material used in a number of batches was too soft and deforming when pressure was applied during one's swing. The new spikes are a major improvement, but still not perfect. I think I replaced on average one or two spikes per year with my old style twist spikes, but I'm replacing a spike probably every two or three rounds.

Despite the spike issue, I find them so comfortable that I just have an extra pack of spikes that I replace the lost ones with. I actually plan on getting a 2nd pair as I like the feel so much.

I too find them comfortable, and thankfully the extra wide is REALLY wide, but I'm just appalled with losing spikes 2 out of 3 rounds. Lost 2 today walking 18. I've gone through a box of spikes in 3 months / 20 rounds or so, and that just gets old quick.
The truly distressing part is that even the spikes that haven't fallen out have lost all their teeth. That's just not what I've seen out of past FJ shoes.

While I haven't had any issues with the spikes, when i got my DNAs the only pair they had in my size had the BOA system which I had been wanting to try anyway.

While I find the shoe extremely comfortable, i think for me they would be even more comfortable with regular laces as I feel i have to over tighten the BOA laces to get a secure fit. I'm pondering a second pair, so i will definitely go with the laced version. Otherwise they are an awesome shoe.

I have a few questions for those that have returned a pair of DNA and received a new pair. I have a pair that have the spike issue with one falling out on the right shoe under the ball of my foot (left handed) and I've replaced it so many times the plastic is worm and will no longer hold a spike and the upper is now beginning to break apart from the sole. My question is did footjoy give you any issues about returning the shoes such as asking for receipts? I ask because I bought mine when they first came out in April or May (can't recall for sure) and I do not have an original receipt. Just wondering what the process was for return. Thanks!

I got mine in july, and I have not had any issues with the spikes.

The placement is interesting, the spike on the left toe is odd, I love these shoes though.

I have a few questions for those that have returned a pair of DNA and received a new pair. I have a pair that have the spike issue with one falling out on the right shoe under the ball of my foot (left handed) and I've replaced it so many times the plastic is worm and will no longer hold a spike and the upper is now beginning to break apart from the sole. My question is did footjoy give you any issues about returning the shoes such as asking for receipts? I ask because I bought mine when they first came out in April or May (can't recall for sure) and I do not have an original receipt. Just wondering what the process was for return. Thanks!

Also meant to ask what the turn around time was for a new pair if you received one. Thanks.

Generally you have to return them through a retailer who will ask for the receipt. When filing a return with Footjoy, they generally require model, size, colour code, and date of purchase.

Turn around time has been 2-3 weeks if in stock, but with so many colours on back order, it may be longer.

I just spoke to a FJ rep last week about sending my pair back because the sole was starting to separate and I asked if I needed original box or anything and he told me just to send them to the warranty department with a note of why I am sending them back. I did end up finding the box and receipt but rep never said had to have one, they received them this past Thursday so hopefully turn around time is quick. So maybe just give them a shout, also probably helps if you registered them

I just spoke to a FJ rep last week about sending my pair back because the sole was starting to separate and I asked if I needed original box or anything and he told me just to send them to the warranty department with a note of why I am sending them back. I did end up finding the box and receipt but rep never said had to have one, they received them this past Thursday so hopefully turn around time is quick. So maybe just give them a shout, also probably helps if you registered them

I was planning on sending an email tomorrow about my problems with shoes with some pics. I don't think I registered them. Guess I'll just shoot an email over to footjoy and hope for the best.

I'm actually sending in my original pair because the spikes continue to fall out. I actually bought a 2nd pair and all the spikes stay in place with no issues, which leads me to believe that the spike issue is more than just bad spikes but an issue with the bottom of the shoe.

I got a pair back in March at my dad's member/guest. They're black, so I didn't wear them all summer, and have since worn them a couple times the past couple weeks. A couple spikes on the outside of my front foot kept falling out and I eventually lost them. I emailed FJ last week about it as I didn't know this was a common issue, but haven't heard back. Wondering if a call might be in order.

Heard back from footjoy last night. Told them about the problem and they asked me to send the shoes in for inspection and will give me a new pair if the the are deemed "faulty". My pair has lost a spike so many time it will no longer hold a spike and the right shoe is beginning to split so hopefully that warrants a new pair lol. Going to send them in tomorrow. They said turn around is 10-14 days from receiving the shoes.

I finally got a response yesterday as well, they're sending me out some replacement spikes. However, after reading this thread, I'm concerned that may only be a temporary fix and they'll eventually fall out again.

Back