Gummi Gets An Upgrade

Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
I'm playing on Sunday with a good buddy, and temperatures are cooling off, so I decided that I'd take the chance to pick up some trousers.

I head over to Steve & Barry's to look at the Bubba Golf stuff. The selection was limited. Several stores are closing down, but the one near me is staying open, so they're taking in the inventory from other stores before ordering new product. It's a weird time to be shopping there it seems.

I made out with 3 shirts, one exactly like MO's, plus a black one just like it. I also picked up a under shirt, a lot like an Under Armour (I mean damn near exactly like), but much better priced.

No Bubba trousers in my size.

I headed over to Dick's, and looked at trousers there. I discovered something: apparently I'm somewhat of an anomalie in the eyes of clothing manufacturers. Even when I found pants in the right waist size, the still have no ass in them, so when you squat down to look at a putt (yes, I was squatting in the store, trying to simulate movements on the golf course), they'd bunch up the goods (which ain't so good)

I wound up finding a pair of Walter Hagen trousers that fit nicely, and took them home.

Always like hearing about people upgrading golf clothes.

What did you think of the shirts? I assume you liked them since you bought three.

They're comfy, and seem reasonably well made. I've paid a whole lot more for a shirt that wasn't nearly as well made.

Last night, I picked up a new black belt

291534_im_BLK____0_gsi

I also picked up a new hat. No idea if it's new or old, I can't find a pic of it on the web, it's a PING hat, but not like the tour players wear. It looks like something made a long time ago, with a cool vintage style patch on the front.

3311w7d.jpg

I also picked up a new hat. No idea if it's new or old, I can't find a pic of it on the web, it's a PING hat, but not like the tour players wear. It looks like something made a long time ago, with a cool vintage style patch on the front.

G-Bear,

That's the PING badge (maybe "label") cap from 2 years ago I believe.

Maybe I should go back and buy the other one they had. I dig the old hot rod nostalgic look of this hat.

I like the belt--cool weave, and works with brown and black. But why no modeling photo?

Back