Do you buy new equipment every year

marcv68

Gotta Love Sara No H
Reaction score
Handicap
Was wondering this because I see a lot of the same folks saying oh boy cant wait for so and so,s new equipment. Do u stick with the same stuff for a while or do you constantly tinker. I got a new Scotty this year but it was 6 years with my old putter before hand. If you constantly tinker my question is why? I have not had new irons in about 5 yrs. and I have not lost any yardage. Granted im not a twice or more a week player so I guess I cant justify it u know.

I love shiny, its fun, its my vice if you will. Better than a lot of other things I could be addicted to, ya know? Haha

yep I love clubs way too much

I buy new stuff all the time just because it's fun to tinker.

Nope, maybe every 5 years.

Yeah I buy various clubs each year. It's a hobby.

That is a big fat NO. I have a wife so

Not a whole bag but a club or two, usually a fairway wood or a wedge.

My name is DufferToo and I'm a club ho. Wait, wrong thread??
I purchase mostly "new to me" clubs fairly regularly though my main addiction is to putters.

I buy new clubs almost every year.

I am always looking for something new and shiny. Looking for that better club, different result. While I tinker I will keep in play what works. Bought 3 drivers and my g25 is still in the bag after 2 years...probably changes this year

Nope. Every couple of years maybe. Just depends on mood and cash flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually inadvertently ended up first buying a new taylormade bag, a frogger brush, RSi irons, r15 430 driver, new black headcovers to match the bag and just made a deal for new prov1's....so I'm set for the summer!! hahahahha

so yeah.....i am guilty......this year.

Was wondering this because I see a lot of the same folks saying oh boy cant wait for so and so,s new equipment. Do u stick with the same stuff for a while or do you constantly tinker. I got a new Scotty this year but it was 6 years with my old putter before hand. If you constantly tinker my question is why? I have not had new irons in about 5 yrs. and I have not lost any yardage. Granted im not a twice or more a week player so I guess I cant justify it u know.
Yes, I buy something every year. It's 1 of my 4 hobbies. The other 3 in no order is b-ball where I get hurt all the time (I forget my age), beer consumption b/c it's yummy, & angering my spouse.
Buying golf things is the safest hobby I have.... I know this meant to have some humor, but it' also the truth. #I'maweebitmental :)

Last edited:
I love new equipment. New clubs every year is what I do. I'm not looking for the magi fix it's just one of the things I love about the game. Like James said it could be worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm good for a driver/shaft combo at least once a year although I've toned it down recently. I want to start a putter collection but I have expensive taste which makes it a non-starter. I stick with irons and wedges and gamer putter for quite a while though.

When I buy new gear I am under no illusion that it will lower my scores. It has to be "better" on the monitor and shiny-er in the bag but that's not too hard to accomplish.

Do you buy new equipment every year

I buy new equipment every month.

A lot of people get new equipment by coming to THP Events.

I typically buy at least a couple of clubs a year. That said, over the last year I've turned over my whole bag.

I do like to buy new and shiny but I have also been lucky enough to win my current driver(Bstone J815) at a THP event.

Pre THP? No

Now? It's impossible to survive an entire winter with the same bag I ended fall with

Usually something new every year.

Last year was a driver shaft, irons, and hybrids.... and some putters.

This year so far is a putter, irons, and a 5wood.

I honestly don't know why I buy sometimes. Usually it is because they get such positive praise, that I want to see how it works for me. Sometimes it is because I just find a wicked deal.

My buys don't tend to be at launch anymore, I don't pay full price (usually waiting for a markdown), or buy used stuff.

I don't change all 14 every year, but I normally rotate a few things in and out. Putters and wedges are the easiest. Sometimes because I'm not getting along with them (putter) and sometimes I want to change up the lofts/grinds (wedges).

THP events have also been very good to me.

Back