Who do you root for?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
In a Major, who are you rooting for? Tiger? Underdog? Anybody else?

I usually root for Tiger, however, there are times I will root for a sentimental favorite. I rooted for Immelman when he won the Masters, for example. I rooted for Tiger in the last US Open because I just couldn't believe he had a chance to win with his injury. I guess the answer is, it depends.

I often find myself pulling for the underdog, ie Rocco at the US Open,Ben Curtis at the PGA. I really enjoy watching Tiger though.

I didn't like how the USGA decided to keep Torrey Pines short in the the playoff round. It made sense because Mediate is so short but that was a little off to me. I was going for tiger the entire time... given his knee injury.

I root for Tiger, always have. A few years back I would also root for Couples and DLIII.

Call me sappy, but I really like to see someone having a really good weekend, deserve to win, and then win. I want them to play well for them, you know, so I can enjoy a Tiger win or not enjoy it, depending. I like seeing guys like Sergio or Padraig or Rocco come back from bad weekends with a game face on and come out strong. I hate when it's a matter of "who sucks the least this week."

Phil is typically the #1 guy... but I love watching AK, Adam Scott, Boo, Poulter, and MA Jimenez play.

Oh... and that other guy named Eldrick is pretty fun to watch.

Well said!!!

Thanks...:embarrassed: I'm the one not a lot of people like to watch sports with, even if "our team" loses, I usually say, "the other team played really well, they deserved to win."

Usually I root for Tiger unless Duval is in the field. I can't help but think he's gonna make a great comeback soon.

Whoever I have money on ... and that's never Tiger.

Boo Girl always pulls for Paula Creamer and won't even watch unless she's in the hunt. She doesn't want me to watch either, which is kind of annoying.

That must be rough...

The odds on Tiger are never worth it. Never big bucks, but enough to add a little more excitement to the weekend. I had some choice words for Furyk and Cink a couple times last year.

Jim Furyk and El Hombre Arana, Camilo Villegas for those that don't know.

Back