Best Fitter In The Western NY Region

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, really sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but since it concerns equipment I figured it would be here. Please move this to the appropriate thread if I was wrong...

Anyways, I was looking to get custom fit for some new clubs this season as I am going into what will be my most important year in terms of tournaments that decide if/ where I'll be playing in college. I'm currently a 3 handicap, but seriously feel like I could be an easy plus handicap if I hit my irons better and more consistently. I'm looking to get custom fit for new irons but have no clue where to go. Any suggestions for where to go in the Western New York Region would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi, really sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but since it concerns equipment I figured it would be here. Please move this to the appropriate thread if I was wrong...

Anyways, I was looking to get custom fit for some new clubs this season as I am going into what will be my most important year in terms of tournaments that decide if/ where I'll be playing in college. I'm currently a 3 handicap, but seriously feel like I could be an easy plus handicap if I hit my irons better and more consistently. I'm looking to get custom fit for new irons but have no clue where to go. Any suggestions for where to go in the Western New York Region would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
I think Jimmy (six4) got fit at The Custom Golf Advantage in Rochester. I havent been fit but they've done some club work for me and they are awesome guys. Its just 2 guys but they have all the equipment and really take their time to make things right.

I think Jimmy (six4) got fit at The Custom Golf Advantage in Rochester. I havent been fit but they've done some club work for me and they are awesome guys. Its just 2 guys but they have all the equipment and really take their time to make things right.

Ok cool. Yeah, I was originally gonna go with GolfTec, but I thought that I might wanna see what else was out there.

Those guys were fantastic and have just about every possible shaft you can think of to hit. They had me swing with the Mizuno shaft optimizer to get a base and then we went from there. They were great and I'd absolutely go back for a fitting from those guys.

+1 for the Custom Golf Advantage guys. They'll really take take the time to do things right.....

Those guys were fantastic and have just about every possible shaft you can think of to hit. They had me swing with the Mizuno shaft optimizer to get a base and then we went from there. They were great and I'd absolutely go back for a fitting from those guys.

How would you say they're selection of clubs is? I know some places only have a couple brands to choose from.

I used the people at Big Oak for my fitting. They also used the Mizuno shaft optimizer and did a good job for me. A good option if you're on the east side.

I used the people at Big Oak for my fitting. They also used the Mizuno shaft optimizer and did a good job for me. A good option if you're on the east side.
I wouldn't hesitate to shop there at all. Big Oak would be another great place to get fit.

ok, I was mostly looking at the RsI1 or 2, and wanted to make sure they had those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure they deal with Taylormade. Might just want to give them a buzz before hand to make sure, and if they don't Big Oak will definitely have those sticks.

Sorry, I didn't notice you were in Buffalo. My bad. Big Oak is in Rochester.

I was fit a couple of times by Big Oak for woods and they were great. Not sure if he is still there, but Bill Walsh at Big Oak is a great guy to work with.

How would you say they're selection of clubs is? I know some places only have a couple brands to choose from.
They definitely had everything to hit. I also heard they were moving to a new location in Henrietta to better serve so idk but it sounded exciting. Hopefully their new shop is awesome.

Back