scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
golfsignrx7.jpg

if the pin is in the back, 7 iron. middle of green, 8 iron. front, 9 iron

Driver off the deck and through the window into the living room.

I'm sick of developers building houses essentially on the course. (And what was the homeowner expecting when s/he bought the house?)

I'm with you Harry. Thought they are nice, I think all the houses really takes away from the course. I hate having to worry about nailing a house along with just my regular worries.

I never worry about nailing a house. They're like the ref in football ... part of the furniture.

Driver off the deck and through the window into the living room.

The pitch back onto the green is a b*tch though. :alien2: Hopefully they have carpet and not hardwood. I'll be pissed if I scuff my wedge on their floor.

Punch 5 iron, one bounce off the back of the green and right into their living room HDTV! If you own property on a golf course (obviously only applies if the course was there prior to your purchase) you have realize its a reality of living off a golf course.

I never worried about houses along the course before. Since I started playing again this year none of the courses I've played had houses on them.

That sign would piss me off though and I would have to try for the window.

all kinds of specialty glass out there.

[YOUTUBE]HdAe3CJFA7s[/YOUTUBE]

A $200 window isn't much of a window.

maybe it's time to install some sort of super strength plexi?

I never worried about houses along the course before. Since I started playing again this year none of the courses I've played had houses on them.

That sign would piss me off though and I would have to try for the window.

We'll have to play Teetering Rocks this Spring MO, there's houses all over the place!.

Claire - Actually, $200 just to replace a pane of glass is pretty expensive. The shop I worked at for a couple years would do a single pane replacement of up to 3'x4' for about $75.

From a guy that used to work in the glass industry, they're stupid if they have glass facing the course. You also wouldn't want to use any of the "hurricane" windows, as those are just laminated glass and will still crack but not puncture. Don't use Plexi either - it discolors with age.

NorthVanMike has the right idea. Install a Lexan (or similar polycarbonate) laminated window system with an anti-scratch coating. GE used to have a test video up (but they sold off the division and it's gone now) of SWAT officers testing it by chopping on a sheet with the anti-scratch surface with an axe at least 20 times without leaving a mark on the surface. Granted, it's NOT cheap. I designed an window for the county sheriff's office in Cocoa Beach, FL that GE built for us, and for a 12' x 4' 3-panel area it was about $15k installed (with bulletproof wall panels as well around it).

Alternatively, put up netting in front of your house and keep it in good repair. That'll stop a ball, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Back