Ricearoni

Reaction score
Handicap
Timing is everything. As I made my way downtown to do an errand, seeing a player, much less Juli Inkster, was the last thing on my mind. I toddled in and out of a shop on Post street, then walked half a block where I saw her walking into an Ecco store for a promotional event. She was surrounded by men in suits (think security). I was greeted by some female staffers, invited to enter their drawing (for shoes and/or a golf bag), then asked if I'd like to meet her. So, you'd think I'd dressed for the occasion, as I was wearing a Long's Drugs jacket and carrying a Samsung tote. :D She and I chatted briefly. She expects to play 17 events in 2009, which is about her usual these days. She autographed a photo for me, and I was on my way.

Oh, got home to see that spouse had done the same thing! Too funny.

Great story. And now you have 20 posts and qualify for contests.

Very Cool!

Claire will be so jealous!

Cool story!! Twice at Busch Gardens I have been in an hour long line for a roller coaster with semi notable pro's. First time was David Ogrin(most have probably never heard of the guy), second time was Jill McGill. Both were very friendly people.

About 12 years ago I was at my sister's house for some function (somepne's birthday or something) and we needed more chips. Closest place was a drugstore down State Line toward Mission Hills. We're in line to pay and a guy and his son come up behind us and I turned around, saw who it was and said "Don't I know who you are?" and he says, "Probably. I play a little golf." Tom Watson. Shook his hand, wished him good luck, paid and left. Told my teacher about it the next day (he played a lot of Junior golf with Watson and actually played on Tour the first two years Watson was out there) and he told me that was probably the best thing I could have done and that Watson probably appreciated not getting bugged for an autograph or something. Of course, I had gotten his autograph in his book 20 years earlier!

:embarrassed:
Cool story!! second time was Jill McGill. Both were very friendly people.

Jill and her husband are very nice people. We met them in line at a grocery store in St. Andrew's in 2007. We were attending the Women's British Open. Another individual spotted her and asked about her starting time for the first round. :embarrassed: She was there only as a commentator, and graciously explained that to the fan.

Back