What should my club lengths be?

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a question to the more advanced club builders out there. I'm trying to figure out how long my clubs need to be to maintain a d0-d3 swingweight. I've tried some online calculators, spreadsheets, but they are all telling me something different. So here are the raw weights of everything.

My 4 hybrid head - 242g (A-Grind Utilty Wood Proto)
Raw Shaft Weight - 82g (Matrix White Tie Hybrid)
grip weight - 50g (Iomic 2.3 Sticky)

My 5 hybrid head - 254g (A-Grind Utilty Wood)
Raw Shaft Weight - 82g (Matrix White Tie Hybrid)
grip weight - 50g (Iomic 2.3 Sticky)

One result I got was 40" for the 4 hybrid and 39" for the 5 hybrid. Another result I got was 39.5" for the 4 hybrid and 38.5" for the 5 hybrid.

Which is it? I know there are things like shaft balance point, etc taken into account, but I don't know that info.

What should my club lengths be?

You are asking the wrong question IMO. How long the club should be is a question of how your body and swing work. Find that length and get your clubs to swingweight afterwards.
But let's assume, length is not a problem.
A standard 4I has a standard head weight of 251g, uncut shaft weight of 127g, grip 50g and length 38" to get a D0. (Source:hirekogolf)
If you remove 9g from the head (to 242) that's -4.5 SW points. Shaft weight -45g, that's another -5 SW points, so you'd have to increase length by 9.5/3=3.2 SW points, that would be 1.6" to 39.6" to get the club back to D0. 40.1" to D2.
The 5I(standard 258g): 254g, that's -2 Points, shaft weight -5Points equals 7/3=2.33 Points or an increase in shaft length of roughly 1.16" to roughly 39.1 for D0 or 39.6 for D2.
But you are not going to feel 0.1" in length swing weight, that's just math.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Your height and your wrist to floor will give you a set of lengths you need, then you adjust the weight on either head or grip side to get to the sw.

Any time you change the length of the club it will change how it plays not only the swing weight change. The lie of the club also is affected by the length change.

So George is right, you need length that you are fitted to then adjust the rest.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Back