Australian PGA Day 2

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys,

I took a few snaps of Day 2 & they'll be uploaded here shortly. In the meantime, in case people don't recognise the name Jarrod Lyle (joint overnight leader) here is a photo from yesterday.

JarrodLyle.png

---------------

Guys,

I took a few snaps of Day 2 & they'll be uploaded here shortly. In the meantime, in case people don't recognise the name Jarrod Lyle (joint overnight leader) here is a photo from yesterday.

JarrodLyle.png

---------------

Brad, he holds/held full Nationwide Tour status right?

He just graduated from the Nationwide tour (2nd or 3rd on the money list) and has a PGA card for 2009.

The Players Enclosure

IMG_2271.jpg

Do you recognise this former US Open champion?

IMG_2259.jpg

Images from the practice green

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

Signing autographs on the way to the first tee

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

Working out the second shot after a nice drive on the first hole.

IMG_2274.jpg

John Daly trying to work out how he & Geoff Ogilvy were outdriven by Michael Sim.

IMG_2275.jpg

Geoff Ogilvy & his beautiful golf swing

IMG_2276.jpg

John Daly in full flight.

IMG_2277.jpg

Craig Parry doing his best 'John Daly' impersonation.

IMG_2278.jpg

Peter Lonard & Craig Parry.

IMG_2279.jpg

He just graduated from the Nationwide tour (2nd or 3rd on the money list) and has a PGA card for 2009.

Okay, I couldn't remember if he was there this season or last, thanks TCT! :good:

More images from Day 2

More images from Day 2

US PGA player, John Senden teeing it up.

IMG_2284.jpg

"John, I know you're sponsored by Taylor Made but what are those Cleveland wedges doing in your bag?"

IMG_2285.jpg

Interested spectators watching Indian player, Shiv Kapur.

IMG_2286.jpg

The same spectators checking out Brett Rumford's form. They should've been impressed. He had just hit a driver off the deck on the previous par 5 to reach the green in two.

IMG_2287.jpg

A blurred image showing Michael Sim leading the way on the par 3 eleventh.

IMG_2288.jpg

Geoff Ogilvy sharing a joke with his caddy.

IMG_2289.jpg

John Daly not looking very impressed.

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

Walking to their balls on the par 3 eleventh. "John, yours is back left a bit past the green"

IMG_2292.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the photos folks!!!

907golfer12,

He had a PGA tour card in 2007 & lost it. Played the Nationwide in 2008 & won his tour card back. Jarrod is acknowledged as a funny & decent guy. He beat a life threatening illness a few years back.

• Admin
I really thought that this year they would have a better field. Its nice to see a few big names, but I really thought some of the American players would end up over there. (top 20). And most of the Euro stars in playing the other event. Its a shame, but it almost seems like a "B" event and it shouldn't be.

Fair call JB. Adam Scott's pull out would have hurt it. Nick O'Hern pulled out with injury also. He won it two years ago in a thrilling play-off over Peter Lonard.

There are a sprinkling of US PGA Tour players in the field (mostly Australian). Last year, Craig Gore, JB Holmes, Ryan Moore & Brandt Snedeker came and were well received by the galleries.

Having said all of that, a touring pro is a touring pro & there was some great golf out there. I enjoyed watching some of upcoming Indian player, Shiv Kapur's great shots. Then watching Brett Rumford hit driver of the deck on a par 5 into a strong headwind to the green was something else. It actually trickled onto the green whilst the group ahead were still there. I'm sure Brett didn't expect to get that far. The other two in his group all needed 3 shots to make the green. The headwind was really strong.

Love him or hate him, John Daly had a big following and the gallery really wanted him to make the cut. I'm sure John wanted to as well.

From the 'sneaky clubs' file, I noticed John Senden (sponsored by Taylor Made) had Cleveland wedges in his bag.

I know many call this sneaky but SO FEW players play all the clubs from their sponsor. Especially wedges

Most sponsors give you a 2-3 club exemption in your contract to play whatever you would like.

I know many call this sneaky but SO FEW players play all the clubs from their sponsor. Especially wedges

Yeah, I realise this JB. I just think it's funny though.

In fact I am pretty sure that amollerud was telling me that he only has to have 11 from his sponsor. So TCT is correct.

To be frank, I really don't care what clubs the pros play. That's not my concern. Tiger and Sergio have been putting with a Scotty Cameron. Padraig Harrington uses a Taylor Made Burner 3 wood. The list goes on.

The only concern I have is where supporters rush out to buy the brand of clubs they think their idol is playing (because of the advertising). As long as the golfing public know that the touring pros don't always play the entire range of their sponsor, I'm happy.

Caveat emptor.

Anyway that's my 5 cents worth.

Folks,

I hope you enjoyed the photos of Day 2. I'm heading off to cover Day 3. See you later with my report on moving day.
:comp:

Fair call JB. well.

From the 'sneaky clubs' file, I noticed John Senden (sponsored by Taylor Made) had Cleveland wedges in his bag.

Cough, cough Titleist sponsors Sendo. The bag was Peter Lonards.

Hi Razaar,

Good to see you back. We missed you!! :clapp:

Hey Fi, I walked up to a lady at the PGA and asked her if her name was Fiona (image of you).
Sorry Brad, Sendo is playing TM's (he switched without telling us), I can ask Gerry (his dad) why he left Acushnet. I know that TM have a player pool fund that rewards those who perform well in tournament events.

I know that TM have a player pool fund that rewards those who perform well in tournament events.

I had always wondered about that.. probably a pretty interesting read to find out who gets how much of that money

Sorry Brad, Sendo is playing TM's (he switched without telling us), I can ask Gerry (his dad) why he left Acushnet. I know that TM have a player pool fund that rewards those who perform well in tournament events.

I'd be interested to find that out Razaar. Please do.

Hey Fi, I walked up to a lady at the PGA and asked her if her name was Fiona (image of you).

Sure, sure razaar. A likely story. I bet she also happened to look like a playboy centrefold. :wink:

I'm going with Brad to the final day. I'll PM you Brad's mobile number in case you're going also.

Hope to see you there Razaar!! :golf:

Great photos anyone at the Australian open this week I can't find any online streams anywhere.

Brad posted a ton of photos from the last tourny in the forum and we also have coverage on the front page.

Back