Best Halfway House Item You've Ever Had

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
Title speaks for itself. What's the best meal/item you've ever had at a halfway house and at what course?

Golf Digest has their list here: http://www.golfdigest.com/story/a-golfers-guide-to-the-best-halfway-house-grub-in-america

Have you ever had any of those in the GD list?

For me personally, the best item I've ever had was the pulled pork at Streamsong, which is #21 on their list. I have no idea how anything could top that. I also have had the hot dog at Cog Hill several times (#17 on their list) and while it was good, it wasn't that memorable to me, and nowhere close to the pulled pork at Streamsong.

I have not yet had the Pulled Pork at Streamsong, I foolishly passed the halfway house when I played there not knowing what I was missing. But I will say the tacos on Blue are phenomenal.

Interestingly enough, I learned what the theme will be on the Black course yesterday... Spam

Berry infused lemonade
Tacos
Fruit smoothie
Canned Gatorade

All at Hideaway and all fantastic

I have not yet had the Pulled Pork at Streamsong, I foolishly passed the halfway house when I played there not knowing what I was missing. But I will say the tacos on Blue are phenomenal.

Interestingly enough, I learned what the theme will be on the Black course yesterday... Spam

Oh man, that is reason enough to go back. Agree on the tacos on the Blue. They were really good. Still think the Pulled Pork edges them out though. That resort does everything right.

I did have a Cog Dog during the Gauntlet. It was great

Anything at the Hideaway and it's not even remotely close.

Oh man, that is reason enough to go back. Agree on the tacos on the Blue. They were really good. Still think the Pulled Pork edges them out though. That resort does everything right.

I agree, if they would speed up pace of play it would be my top experience by far

Man, if there was a course that served tacos out here I wouldn't play anywhere else. Some of the items on that list look amazing!

Desert Forrest had some nice beef jerky! Thanks Spivey!!!

The things at the Hideaway Half House off hand:
- Tacos
- Pork Sliders
- Canned Gatorade
- Chicken Salad
- Fresh Fruit
- Ice Cream

Perfection

The **FREE** jalapeno sausage isn't too shabby at Cowboys...the best parts being the price and the fact that it is all you can eat... Have it sliced up and put in a cup and you have the perfect snack!

Neapolitan ice cream sandwich with peanut butter on top

I've only ever played one of those (cog hill) but I didn't get the cog dog.

I will say, the chicken salad wrap at Sweetbriar here in NE Ohio is pretty solid. I don't get much food at the turn though, and usually stick to a candy bar.

At Scotland Run in South Jersey, they have a freaking outstanding pepper jack cheese filled sausage on a roll. It is great.

The Hideaway and it's not close

berry infused lemonade
tacos
fruit smoothie
canned gatorade

all at hideaway and all fantastic

this....so. Much. This!

I'd add that the homemade peanut butter with crackers is also VERY tasty!

Should I get in this year, I'm about 1000% sure my answer will change right quick, based on following along the last couple years.

I've only ever played one of those (cog hill) but I didn't get the cog dog.

I will say, the chicken salad wrap at Sweetbriar here in NE Ohio is pretty solid. I don't get much food at the turn though, and usually stick to a candy bar.

I had that chicken salad in April. Agree it was very good as far as halfway house sandwiches go.

What's the "go to" main item there? The tacos from the sounds of it?

Everything. The menu changes every day but they are all fantastic. I wish i would have taken a picture of all the stuff they had in there. Its literally anything and everything you could ever want

They have different things being served everyday. I had a Reuben, Tacos, Sliders in the two trips I made out there.

They also have comfort stations that serve everything from dried fruit and nuts, to chicken salad, homemade PB and crackers, canned gatorade, candy bars, ice cream sandwiches...

They have different things being served everyday. I had a Reuben, Tacos, Sliders in the two trips I made out there.

They also have comfort stations that serve everything from dried fruit and nuts, to chicken salad, homemade PB and crackers, canned gatorade, candy bars, ice cream sandwiches...
I always went for the grapes and the cubed salami. Sooooooo good

I always went for the grapes and the cubed salami. Sooooooo good

The dried pineapple was amazing, as was the homemade PB.

Not at the halfway house, but the blueberry infused vodka with some lemonade was incredible as well.

Back