Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Harrison Frazar shot a 13-under 59 at PGA Q-School today.

Frazar shoots 59 in fourth round at Q-School
By Associated Press

LA QUINTA, Calif. – Harrison Frazar has shot a 59 in the fourth round of the PGA Tour qualifying tournament, the first player in eight years to hit golf’s magic number at Q-School.

Frazar, winless in 300 starts on the PGA Tour, ran off seven straight birdies on the back nine of the Nicklaus Tournament course at PGA West and closed with a par.

The last player to shoot 59 at Q-School was David Gossett in 2000, who failed to earn his card. Frazar is in much better shape, at 24-under 264 and leading by four shots two rounds to go.

It will not count in the PGA record books because the tournament is not an official event. Al Geiberger, Chip Beck and David Duval are the only players with a 59 in official play. Annika Sorenstam also did it on the LPGA Tour.
texas-longhorns-logo_small.gif

I am seeing some insanely low scores there... whats with the layout?

That is an amazing score. He is a guy that I have always heard works hard and is a nice guy. Glad to see it.

What do you mean, I shoot 59 all the time. Wait a sec. I think the dyslexia is screwing me up again.

Thanks! I'll be here all night.

(Literally. Dog scratched me across the eye, think I'm stuck inside.)

Ouch. Funny yet painful. I like it.:act-up:

I thought it was hilarious that as Frazar was walking to the 17th tee, a guy who was watching it live from his house on the course, came out to tell Frazar he needed another birdie. Apparently it didn't bother him at all. He missed a 58 on 18 by about an inch.

I've always wondered this and done countless searches on google.

What is the lowest score ever acheived by anyone? That was actually witnessed and real?

(Not some asian king who made all his townspeople claim he shot a 39 or some rediculous score. I posted that article before and it was a joke.)

Back