Have you found a magic putter?

aslxa

Reaction score
Interested in hearing from people who have found their magic putter - something that actually saves you a few putts per round. In my case, I have taken lessons, been fit several times and still muddle along with a putting game that lags far behind my ballstriking. What is your putter and what about it do you think made the difference?

I went through a long struggle on the greens. it's still the biggest weakness of my game, but it's better. the first putter that made a big difference for me was a prototype black #9. distance control was much improved over what I was doing before, and ppr dropped. now it's the 2135 1.0 with snsr 104. I'm still not making much but the pace is really good. not very many 3p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have for short periods of time but it never seems to last!

I had one but now have a seemore. I putt well with the seemore but not as good as my previous one. Putting has slso never been a strong part of my game but I'm making a few that surprise me from time to time and don't often 3 putt anymore.

I went through a long struggle on the greens. it's still the biggest weakness of my game, but it's better. the first putter that made a big difference for me was a prototype black #9. distance control was much improved over what I was doing before, and ppr dropped. now it's the 2135 1.0 with snsr 104. I'm still not making much but the pace is really good. not very many 3p.

Strange thing is that I do not have many three putts as my pace is good - except for my ill-fated attempt with counter-balancing. But my make percentages at 6 and 10 feet are about half what they should be for my level of play.

I wish!! I switch putters every so often, because just when I think I find something that works I go out and roll 40 putts. Seems like it should be the easiest part of this silly game, but it's not for me.

I don't know about 'magic putter' but my big T vline has made putts from 5ft and in exponentially more likely to find the bottom of the cup. The alignment is near perfect IMO... it won't win any beauty contests, but function over form in this case.

I have found a putter that I can't make a single putt with, but I don't think I've found "the magic one" yet. I have a few putters that I love but my putting ability is more dependant on my stroke than the stick in my hands.

After having tried many putters it now seems to me that there really is no magical putters but rather players who are good at putting

Theres no such thing as a, "magic" putter. Having said that, I do really like my TMAG putter that I have now: 0802 style, mid mallet and with a little bit of offset. My miss is typically a slight push to the right and I have an arc putting stroke, so the offset of the putter seems to give me a bit more time to close the face and prevent the push.

Cure RX4 is my current magic putter. Prior was multiple Odyssey putters =)

The thing it allows me to do is adjust the lie angle really upright and stand over the ball the way I want. It also allows for easy weight adjusting when I switch back and forth between my home course that rolls 7-8 to away course rolling 10+.

I had one but now have a seemore. I putt well with the seemore but not as good as my previous one. Putting has slso never been a strong part of my game but I'm making a few that surprise me from time to time and don't often 3 putt anymore.

Is the previous one a secret?

I do have a magic putter. Unfortunately, The "prism stone" is missing and the leprechaun who sold it to me says I have to make some long-ass journey to Mt. Something-or-Other to get another one. Without the stone it has the same push-right/pull-left problem my other putters have. I don't really have time to embark on an epic quest right now so I'll have to make do.

I have found 9 of them so far and all are in rotation

Want some magic?
How about a huge putter?
This one weighs 9 pounds

20080117-164402-4.jpg

I love my odyssey 6m and Seemore Db4, but I don't know if anything will take my Machine M20 out of the bag. Performance combined with beauty has me hooked.

Finding a "magic putter" is like finding a
Unicorn - never gonna happen. The magic has to be in you!

Last edited:
SeeMore... thread over

Interested in hearing from people who have found their magic putter - something that actually saves you a few putts per round. In my case, I have taken lessons, been fit several times and still muddle along with a putting game that lags far behind my ballstriking. What is your putter and what about it do you think made the difference?

There are lots of great putters out there. I love my SeeMore. There's several Odyssey's I've really liked. But in the end, a putter is a flat piece of metal on stick. You can put well with any putter as long as the face is smooth, the shaft isn't bent and the grip is on straight.

That said, there's also value in finding a putter in which you have confidence. Even though dozens of others could do the job, if you find one that just clicks, there's definite benefit to that added confidence.

I made my magic putter. Took aspects that I liked from other others and waited and waited for what I wanted to become available. Once it was I made sure to practice with it and then after months of struggling I got it fit for me. Turned out I was correct that it was the one for me. Find a putter that catches your eye automatically then build from there

I don't think it is magic, but I have the putter that best fits my stroke. Spent about a year working with an instructor to evaluate my stroke and my tendencies to find the putter configuration that worked best for me. Got one that was custom made to the required specs.

My Odyssey #7 is close to magic on short (under 10') putts. But the insert is a little harsh on longer putts plus the fairly shallow face leaves me not hitting the sweet spot of the insert often enough on longer putts. I would leave too many 20 footers way short or bang them 10 feet past.

The 2135 1.0 with a 1.60 Winn grip is getting there. I've had a few rounds that have approached the Shangri-La of unconscious putting... best distance control I've ever had and the alignment leaves me hitting most every 4 footer I've got. Hardly have to focus on setup. Just aim and distance...

After having tried many putters it now seems to me that there really is no magical putters but rather players who are good at putting
#TripleBogeyTim.

Back