Help with my bag PLEASE

Brucem609

Rum Afficianado
Reaction score
Handicap
Below is a list of what I have AVAILABLE for my bag and the distances I hit each club. What should I keep, what should I lose, what should I get?

Mizuno Jpx Ez 11* Driver (hit it about 235)
rbz 3 wood 19* ( hit it about 200)
Nickent 19* 5 wood ( hit it about 200 love this club)
Mizuno JPX EZ 22* Hybrid (hit it about 180)
Mizuno JpX Ez 25* Hybrid (hit it about165)
Ping G 15 5-SW (took the 5 iron out)
hit my 7 iron 160
hit my PW 110
hit my GW 100
hit my SW 80
topflite 60* LW (hit it 60)
Scotty Newport or Scotty Newport

any assistance would be great

Okay there is a. It going on here and your gapping says something is off and you could make some changes.

You hit both your fairway woods about the same length. So one of those should go, choose the one to keep that you like the most.

You have a hybrid that you hit 165 and a 7 iron that goes about 160. That means that the hybrid and the 6 iron are not helping much.

Based on yardages my gut says from 160 to 110 you only have 2 clubs to cover that 50 yard gap so there might be something there.

How well are you hitting your irons? Where do you think you are losing strokes?

You've got some great advice from JB already - myself I have removed 3 wood and 5 iron this year, as I've found myself very rarely reaching for those clubs.
I was even close to removing my 5 wood as my next hybrid goes the same distance, but after playing in a super strong wind - i can hit a much more penetrating flight with my wood - i have decided to keep it.

Having said that - is that what you're finding different between your 5 hybrid and 6/7 iron? Because if flights are fairly similar how do you decide which club you take out of the bag?

The obvious first step is to axe the RBZ because you have two 19* FWW that go the same distance and you love hitting your Nickent. Next is the 4 club* cluster you bag to cover 160-180 (*I'm assuming your 6i falls in there somewhere although you didn't list it). So you can easily axe at least one more club there. If I had your setup and freed up two slots I'd look to add another option to help fill the huge gap between 160 and 110 that it appears you only have 8i & 9i covering. I'd probably also add a lower lofted FWW that could get me about 215-220, based upon the other yardages you list. If you never see need for 215 yards then you might sub that low loft FWW suggestion for a 190 yard hybrid instead.

Thank you all. There some obvious answers there that will certainly help.
I generally do not carry the RBZ & my Nickent at same time, and I feel way more confidant with the nickent. BYE RBZ
I see where you say a 50 yard gap between PW and 7I, but I have learned to manage it.
What if I bent the 8 or 9 a degree? would that help?
Justbtrying to organize for next year-get my Xmas list going

Have you got your clubs listed correctly?

Only asking as the RBZ 3W is definitely not 19 degrees, it is only 15 degrees (I have one in my bag)

Im not sure bending your irons is the right step, more about contact and something missing. You are hitting your 7 iron and your 25* hybrid roughly the same distance, and I belive there is over a 5* loft difference there. That would tell me based on the other distances being what they are, that you are not getting the most out of your hybrid and that your 6 iron can be pulled from the bag. Since your goal is covering the gaps, you have been able to do that with just a few clubs and it will leave some open spots for specialty things that you might enjoy.

Back