Non-Staffers: Who tunes their clubs?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Watching Tiger hitting balls, and I never really thought about it. When a pro doesn't have an equipment sponsor, who do they take their clubs to for fine tuning?

I know there's at least one independent builder on tour, but in the instance of Tiger - does he go there? Or does he go to Taylormade for his woods, and Titleist for his putter? What about his irons?

Just wondering out loud

That is a great question!! I would think it would be to the individual trucks. Those guys on the tour vans are incredible.

I know it's kind of a silly follow up to that idea, but if they're not on staff, do they have to pay for the services (especially in the case of the non-Tigers?)

I know it's kind of a silly follow up to that idea, but if they're not on staff, do they have to pay for the services (especiaaly in the case of the non-Tigers?

I'm envisioning Tiger reaching into his wallet to pay for an adjustment on the free advertising M series he's about to rocket off the tee hahaha

My bet is no. Not a chance.

Watching Tiger hitting balls, and I never really thought about it. When a pro doesn't have an equipment sponsor, who do they take their clubs to for fine tuning?

I know there's at least one independent builder on tour, but in the instance of Tiger - does he go there? Or does he go to Taylormade for his woods, and Titleist for his putter? What about his irons?

Just wondering out loud

The tour vans work on non staffers all of the time. TaylorMade would take care of his TaylorMade woods.
To give you an idea, Odyssey is the most used without pay brand on tour. The Tour Van works to get all of that in the appropriate shape for the golfer.

The tour vans work on non staffers all of the time. TaylorMade would take care of his TaylorMade woods.
To give you an idea, Odyssey is the most used without pay brand on tour. The Tour Van works to get all of that in the appropriate shape for the golfer.

Awesome. Thanks for the insight. Who do you think is handling the Nike clubs left out there?

i may be making this up, but i thought i saw somewhere that nike is still sending a tour van out for the 2017 season

Back