What is a Green Grass Account?

TinCupTampa

Bag Changes Coming!
Reaction score
I have heard about club manufactures saying they increased their green grass account total this year by 15%. What is a green grass account? Are there any other types of accounts?

I have heard about club manufactures saying they increased their green grass account total this year by 15%. What is a green grass account? Are there any other types of accounts?

Same thing as a "brick and mortar" store. That is, pro shops and golf stores with traditional physical locations.

Thanks Harry... the whole "green grass" threw me.

I think a "green grass" facility is a step further than brick and mortar in that it's a location that actually has a playing and/or practicing area. For example, your local golf course and maybe even a driving range that has a small pro shop would be considered a green grass account. I don't think a place like Golfsmith would be classified as such.

I think a "green grass" facility is a step further than brick and mortar in that it's a location that actually has a playing and/or practicing area. For example, your local golf course and maybe even a driving range that has a small pro shop would be considered a green grass account. I don't think a place like Golfsmith would be classified as such.

After reading the articles last night... thats what I thought. I was thinking it was golf course pro shops but wasnt sure.

Tincup, Green grass accounts are ones that have a golf shop and have something with grass (golf course or driving range).

Tincup, Green grass accounts are ones that have a golf shop and have something with grass (golf course or driving range).

Thanks for clarifying that Knight!

Back