Srixon Z-STAR, Z-STAR XV, Q-STAR TOUR Golf Ball Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Qstar tour sounds delightful. This is a great move by srixon.

Have to give the Z Star a go....always like'd their balls.

I look forward to try the new Q.

The Q Star Tour is a ball I've been waiting on for a while. The Q Star just works so well for me, I've always just wish it had a urethane cover. If this ball performs as well as the Q Star does off driver/irons for me, I'll be buying it in bulk.

Appreciate the break down of the new models and new features. It seems like companies are really pushing the envelope right now with the golf ball and coming out with some technology that should help all player types.

Some interesting tech here. Z Star has always been very straight off the tee for me for some reason.

The Q star tour seems to be taking over what they hoped the SL would be, but at an aggressive price point. Anxious to give it a try.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

The three balls were already pretty good and it sounds like some good improvements have been made. Excited to,give these a go this year

Have been a Z Star fan for several years and it sounds like this one is better than the previous models I like. Really excited to try the new Q Star Tour as well.

Nice write-up. The tech in the balls sounds impressive (Duel Energetic Gradient Growth Core) I like the XV but I really want to try the Q Star Tour great price w/ 3 layers lower compression and urethane? Sign me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urethane for the Qstar, this could change a lot of opinions on the less than premium balls

I played the Q-STAR TOUR last round and came away pretty darn impressed. For those that like a low spin option off the tee, with a soft feel, these are going to be a solid option.

Based on JB's feedback, I'm sold. I like all of those things.

3 piece urethane for $30? And low spin off the tee with a soft(er) compression? I'm definitely grabbing a dozen Q-STAR Tours to check them out in the spring.

Q Star Tour sounds like a ball right up my alley. Definitely want to try these against my current gamers. Can't 4 until Spring!!!

THP Represent!

I"m sold on these already. Solid options from Srixon

Really like what they did with this lineup. The compressions and Tech seem pretty on point and will group together for the lineup. The price point for a premium ball are also aggressive and well played.

I'm with everyone else, the Qstar sounds awesome. I have never gamed a Zstar, did I read that right the XV came down to 105 compression?

Played the Q-Star for years. Will be trying the Q-Star Tour for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It's nice to see the the effort they are putting into finding options that really work for everyone. I'm interested in the Z-Star XV, but I will probably give the Q-Star Tour a try as well.

I had a chance to play a proto of the XV in November. It's better than the previous model in every way...and the XV was already a great ball.

Dropping the price is an interesting move. They're clearly going for market share. I hope it doesn't backfire and cause consumers to see the balls as inferior to the higher price premium tour balls. They're better than most of the balls on the market.

What color will the Q-Star Tour come in? I see this as a RX competitor. I'm I off base?

Last edited:
Srixon balls are some of the best balls on the market IMO. They have always providied a good combination of speed and distance. Typically I have gravitated towards the XV as it gave me the profile I was looking for. Will be interested in trying all 3 models. I just wish they were easier to find in my area.

Ummmm... so this Q Star Tour sounds delightful!

I'm loving the offerings and the updates to the QStar with the compression right in my wheel house. Heck even the ZStar at 88 is on the high end of what I like, but still playable for me.

I'm especially liking the QStar price that makes it easy to try out without spending a ton of money on a dozen

Back