The Official 2017 MLB Thread

Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
With pitchers and catchers reporting coming up in 2 weeks, I think it is about time to get this going.

Since we all know that the Red Sox will be the team to beat in 2017, I think it is only fitting that I kick it off!

Untitled.jpg

The 4th member of the Killer B's (Andrew Benintendi) is not pictured, but I'm sure it won't be long until I can update the photo to include the entire group I'm sure to the delight of the forum. :act-up:

Cardinals punishment for the hacking scandal was handed down today.

First 2 draft picks and 2 million to the Astros. Could be a lot worse, but I have a sinking feeling the Astros will end up with some superstar with one of those picks.

Don't know why I'm looking forward to this season because the chisox ate going to suck, but I'm ready for some baseball!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

With pitchers and catchers reporting coming up in 2 weeks, I think it is about time to get this going.

Since we all know that the Red Sox will be the team to beat in 2017, I think it is only fitting that I kick it off!

Untitled.jpg

The 4th member of the Killer B's (Andrew Benintendi) is not pictured, but I'm sure it won't be long until I can update the photo to include the entire group I'm sure to the delight of the forum. :act-up:

And don't forget that David Ortiz will forgo retirement and play one more year after Chris Sale to the rotation!

Red Sox the team to beat lol that's cute
7560907ee1488f50fae50a01f6ddf015.jpg

Red Sox the team to beat lol that's cute
7560907ee1488f50fae50a01f6ddf015.jpg
Was that the WS celebration? Oh, wait, I forgot they failed to close the deal...

Last edited:
Was that the WS celebration? Oh, wait, I forgot that failed to close the deal...

That's when the Indians completed the sweep of the Red Sox.

No doubt the Indians played better last year but I think the addition of Sale certainly has to help their chances and make them a better team.

No doubt the Indians played better last year but I think the addition of Sale certainly has to help their chances and make them a better team.

And the Indians added Encarnacion and get Brantley back this season

I know, the Sox definitely crapped the bed in the playoffs last year.

In all seriousness, if both teams play to their capabilities in 2017, it should come down to them to determine the 2017 AL Champions.

I know, the Sox definitely crapped the bed in the playoffs last year.

In all seriousness, if both teams play to their capabilities in 2017, it should come down to them to determine the 2017 AL Champions.

That's the beauty of baseball though. You never know who's going to be there come October. The Indians are showing familiar signs to the 2014 and 2015 Royals and that would be awesome to see them back in the World Series. Good for the Indians is the AL Central is entirely in sell mode outside of the Indians

That's the beauty of baseball though. You never know who's going to be there come October. The Indians are showing familiar signs to the 2014 and 2015 Royals and that would be awesome to see them back in the World Series. Good for the Indians is the AL Central is entirely in sell mode outside of the Indians
I kept hearing the Tigers were seriously discussing it but never really got into that mode. But the Indians are definitely superior to them as an overall ball club.

I wish the Pirates would get serious about winning in the post season. Management seems content to be "average" every year...disappointing with the pieces we have in place right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My boy yu going to have a huge season. Contract year. Fully healed from TJ surgery.

My boy yu going to have a huge season. Contract year. Fully healed from TJ surgery.

I tend to agree with you that he will have a great year.

Let's go reds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Braves has basically stolen away all of the top prospects from MLB teams over the past 2 years in addition to our core of Freeman, Teheran, and the next star, Dansby Swanson& it's all leading up to Suntrust park in 2017. Sure we might have a few guys past their prime but there's a lot of value in pairing veterans with all this new young talent. Braves WILL be playoff contenders in 2017. You can bet on it.

The Braves has basically stolen away all of the top prospects from MLB teams over the past 2 years in addition to our core of Freeman, Teheran, and the next star, Dansby Swanson& it's all leading up to Suntrust park in 2017. Sure we might have a few guys past their prime but there's a lot of value in pairing veterans with all this new young talent. Braves WILL be playoff contenders in 2017. You can bet on it.

I would say they are a couple years away

That's my boy Johnny copes doing work.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I would say they are a couple years away

They were the hottest team in the MLB the last 2 months of 2016...lots of momentum

That's my boy Johnny copes doing work.

Gotta love Copes! Him and hart are hustling other GM's.

They were the hottest team in the MLB the last 2 months of 2016...lots of momentum

I was hoping he'd get sale from us. He should be dealing for Quintana

Cardinals punishment for the hacking scandal was handed down today.

First 2 draft picks and 2 million to the Astros. Could be a lot worse, but I have a sinking feeling the Astros will end up with some superstar with one of those picks.

I'm hoping we find a decent arm from the picks we have. Was the only thing holding us back last year. Need another arm bad

I was hoping he'd get sale from us. He should be dealing for Quintana

Asking price was just WAY too high

Last years momentum doesn't mean anything for this year... long layoff

They have some talent, but imo they are a season or two out

Asking price was just WAY too high

No way. Not high enough. Those guys are the biggest bargains on trading block history. Three and four years of team control, respectively. That's gonna cost a pretty penny for proven commodities.

Back