Create The Perfect Looking Shaft

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay THPers, we have done this the past few years, but lots of new people are around. If you had the chance to create the perfect looking shaft, what would it look like?
And yes THP and Project X have given that chance to THPers the last few years.

Maize and Blue obviously!

These events have been some of the coolest to follow along with those creating their own shafts.

I would probably go with a USA flag themed one.

i absolutely love what o'neill created for my 2016 thce shaft. if i could design a fairway wood shaft, i'd go 80s style. glossy neons. offensive contrasting colors like black, electric blue, pink, highlighter yellow, green. it would be all about patterns and color blocking.

So many different ideas running through my head.

Since seeing the UST G7 in purple, that's been sticking in my mind. I think I'd start with a purple base with a silver metallic fleck in the paint. Then, at the tip I'd start with a solid metallic silver and gradually as it heads towards the butt of the shaft I'd have it look like it's pealing off in a spiral pattern until it's all purple at the butt end. Plus the metallic silver would have a darker shadow to make it look more 3 dimensional. Then, near the middle as it contrasts equally is where I'd put my logos.

I made mine and I suggest anyone sign up and make their own, its truly amazing

This.

2b01cd4db367db8a4a2e0b1623dc0159.jpg

:D

For a fairway shaft, I think I'd do a variation on this look, but maybe matte black instead of glossy. That would be epic to have all my wood/hybo shafts match!

It would be green and white. One of the reasons I loved last year's AC coin.
This is my alma mater:

330px-UPR_at_Mayaguez_Seal.svg.png

And my school mascot's logo:

330px-Paw_logo.jpg

So basically just make last year's AC coin into a shaft and I'm happy

Green/white candy cane for Ohio U, with a black bobcat pawprint that has the Project X handcrafted logo inside the palm portion of it.

I was fortunate to have already created it thanks to THP and Project X, its called "The One" and its fantastic!

If I could do another one (I know I can't...but one can dream) I would definitely include some of the T1100 paint and some sort of fade into the same awesome blue I have now

I'm thinking a nice combination of Carolina Blue, NC State Red, and Duke Blue. Just for the conversations it would start.

My daughter's signature on it somewhere. that's about it.

THP Green Flames on a Cobra Blue colored shaft both ends.

Mine would be primarily red with some white and dark blue accents (Boston Red Sox colors). And I could not resists naming it "Big Papi"!

Of white base layer with Pandas scatters the length of the club. My Munch logo in the middle and my kids names in (red) kanji opposite the pandas.

I always thought a snake skin pattern would look cool on a shaft. Corny maybe, but I saw a fishing pole with that pattern once and it looked awesome.

Flat black with a ghosted PX logo on it and some subtle graphics (not sure if i'd like stripes, the old school PX tribal stuff or what) as well. Maybe some lime green to match my incoming Epic.

I hope this means what I think it means in terms of an event coming back.....

I really like the look of the T1100 and the T800. Coloring is awesome, so I might do something with those colors, and it would match my epic. Have also loved the striping on the Tour AD shafts, so maybe add a bit of that look in to go with it.

This is so cool. I love following these events every year so far. I would do something with the chromed T1100 paint color up near the grip, and have it start to fade into a clear coat that shows the carbon fiber weave of the midpoint and tip of the shaft. I LOVE when you can see the carbon fiber on a shaft...

These events have been some of the coolest to follow along with those creating their own shafts.

I would probably go with a USA flag themed one.

This!!! And I might would go with red and black themed shaft (Dawgs and Falcons).

Some sort of color scheme with Red, White & Blue with the CAPS logo down the middle. :banana:

This!!! And I might would go with red and black themed shaft (Dawgs and Falcons).

I am still gaming the OG XR and the flag themed shaft would go prefect with the head IMO. Maybe a red or white grip would make it near perfect

This.

2b01cd4db367db8a4a2e0b1623dc0159.jpg

:D

For a fairway shaft, I think I'd do a variation on this look, but maybe matte black instead of glossy. That would be epic to have all my wood/hybo shafts match!

Oh my goodness if I had a FW that matched the driver.... You just ruined my productivity the rest of the day

I'd do the same thing as I did for the 2016 THCE. But I'd change the blue to green to match my new Epic head.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back