TGC Offers Extensions

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This came into my email box this morning.

Brandel Chamblee and Frank Nobilo have agreed in principle to sign contract extensions with the channel for another 4 years.

So does that mean I can end my hunger strike? :blob:

-JP

You mean they actually had other options?

I am not sure I like Brandell, but I think the combination of Brandell and Frank is a good one. They seem to have a good working relationship.

You mean they actually had other options?

Provisional that does raise a good point about golf commentators. I personally can only stand to listen to any golf commentator for about 30 minutes before I want to mute the tv and I never watch the end of tournament stuff because I cannot believe that someone gets paid to ask such dumb questions.

I like to watch these two. If fact I like them more as commentators than I did as players.

I am not sure I like Brandell, but I think the combination of Brandell and Frank is a good one. They seem to have a good working relationship.

I'm with you on this one.

Together, they seem to work very well (like Tilghman and Faldo), but on an individual basis, I'd take Nobilo over Chamblee. Together, they present a lot of interesting commentary without a lot of the over-the-top network hype that guys like Nantz get into which can get very tedious. They're more laid back and easier to listen to.

-JP

Agreed, Brandell just seems like he is a bit full of himself, whereas Frank comes off as more of an average Joe.

Back