Srixon Z565 v. Mizuno JPX 900 Forged?

RobDMB

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone directly compared these two irons? Had a recent fitting and these two produced very similar (and best) results. Both with Project X LZ 6.5 shafts.

Leaning toward Srixon, but interested in any opinions. Thanks.

- Rob

Anyone directly compared these two irons? Had a recent fitting and these two produced very similar (and best) results. Both with Project X LZ 6.5 shafts.

Leaning toward Srixon, but interested in any opinions. Thanks.

- Rob
I have the 565 in 5 and 6 iron (765 for the rest) and for me the Srixon's are better by a mile. I like the profile of the Srixon irons more and they are easier to hit thanks in part to the V-sole. The feel is also much better in my opinion. I didn't notice a ton of difference in forgiveness either.

Of the two, I prefer the Srixons. But they're a brand I tend to gravitate towards anyway. Both of them are great clubs, but I do love some V sole.

I like them both. I have hit both clubs side by side on the range. To me they were pretty close. You coukd not go wrong with either set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 565 in 5 and 6 iron (765 for the rest) and for me the Srixon's are better by a mile. I like the profile of the Srixon irons more and they are easier to hit thanks in part to the V-sole. The feel is also much better in my opinion. I didn't notice a ton of difference in forgiveness either.

Do you find any distance gaps with the split set? I thought about a split set but the 565's didn't look that different to my eye.

Do you find any distance gaps with the split set? I thought about a split set but the 565's didn't look that different to my eye.
I honestly haven't noticed a gap. I'm sure there is probably a little bit, maybe 1-2 yards but honestly not enough that I've noticed at all.

No 565 experience but did game the 545 for 2.25 years before switching too 900 Forged a month of so ago. Same Recoil 95 shafts in both sets. Distances I find equal between the 2 but I find the dispersion and launch to be a little better for me with the 900 Forged. No one has ever accused me of being a digger so I think the less leading edge non V sole of the 900 Forged gives me better turf interaction through the ball. Also find the 6 and up irons easier to hit in the 900 Forged.

I am generally not a digger either - how does the V-Sole work for someone who takes little to no divot?

I am generally not a digger either - how does the V-Sole work for someone who takes little to no divot?
Not as well for me as I would have liked. That is the main reason I moved away from the Srixons into irons with more conventional soles.

I really wanted to get along with the Srixon's as well (profile is perfect) but the V sole did not work for me either and I am a sweeper/picker of the ball. I loved everything about the Srixon's except the sole. I'd try and hit them on grass or grab a demo club if possible. if they work, you will love them. But for me, I learn to the Mizuno's. Your mileage may vary, best of luck.

Thanks. I'm going to try to see if I can hit each outside before I order. A place near me has them both (but not the shaft I was fit for Srixon).

Watched a youtube review from Rick Shields and in a head to head (with Callaway CF16 also) he consistently hit the Srixon 565 left compared to the others. Has anyone else found the Z565 to have a tendency to go left?

Sweeper here and have hit too many thin shots with the 545s. IMO way too much bounce/thick sole.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sweeper here and have hit too many thin shots with the 545s. IMO way too much bounce/thick sole.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I also hit my fair share of thin shots with these while I was gaming them.

I'm surprised so many find the 565 and the 900 forged so close in performance. I haven't hit both side by side but I have hit both and I'd swear the 565 were higher launching, lower spinning, and more forgiving overall.

I'm surprised so many find the 565 and the 900 forged so close in performance. I haven't hit both side by side but I have hit both and I'd swear the 565 were higher launching, lower spinning, and more forgiving overall.

That was my impression of both as well. I also think the 565 is a better looking iron.

Would the 900 Forged be comparable then to the Z765 or more forgiving that that?

I think they are very close but I would give the edge forgiveness wise to the 900 forged. I think for me it would come down to the v sole vs the sole grind on the 900 forged which is also outstanding imo. The 765 is truly a club that bridges the players Cavity Back and forgiveness perfectly and the mizuno kind of falls in the tweener catagory for me of a GI club that bridges the gap to a players cavity. Same concept but that is the way I think of them when I look and hit them.

I can't agree more. I have the Z545s and demoed the 900F in the store, on the range and on the course.
The 545's were longer for me, launched higher and more forgiving. And I think a lot of the forgiveness is attributed to the V Sole.
You(me) tend to make better contact. Just my thoughts...

Sorry to bump this. Went to the range the other day and had the chance to hit the 900F, Z565 and Z765. All felt solid (it was very window so hard to judge ball flight). However, what really has me torn now is the Z565 versus Z765. I am an a 15 handicap but generally a better ball striker than my handicap implies. I am also actively taking lessons working to improve. In demoing the clubs, there didn't feel to be a huge difference in forgiveness in the 765 versus the 565. Is that the case on the course? Would it be smart to get an iron that you could grow into more or just go with the more forgiving option?

Watched a youtube review from Rick Shields and in a head to head (with Callaway CF16 also) he consistently hit the Srixon 565 left compared to the others. Has anyone else found the Z565 to have a tendency to go left?

Zero left tendencies for me with my 565's or 765's, they are simply the most accurate irons I've ever owned. BTW, Rick Shields hits everyting left, it's his shot shape.

Sorry to bump this. Went to the range the other day and had the chance to hit the 900F, Z565 and Z765. All felt solid (it was very window so hard to judge ball flight). However, what really has me torn now is the Z565 versus Z765. I am an a 15 handicap but generally a better ball striker than my handicap implies. I am also actively taking lessons working to improve. In demoing the clubs, there didn't feel to be a huge difference in forgiveness in the 765 versus the 565. Is that the case on the course? Would it be smart to get an iron that you could grow into more or just go with the more forgiving option?
I'm a couple strokes higher then you and generally loses most strokes due to driving. I recently tested the 765's and hit them well. That said, I thought why not make things easier for the day's things aren't going great. So I went with 5,6,7 in 565's and 8,9,P in 765. Kinda cover both bases.

Was fitted for Z565, on the course they just d8idn't work for me. Hit great shots occasionally but I just didn't get any feel. Changed to the 900 forged and after 9 holes I was over the moon. Fantastic feel, seem forgiving and they are plenty long. Big win for Mizuno as far as I am concerned. ..

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

Glad they are working well for you. I have certainly enjoyed my time with them over the past 1.25 years.
Was fitted for Z565, on the course they just d8idn't work for me. Hit great shots occasionally but I just didn't get any feel. Changed to the 900 forged and after 9 holes I was over the moon. Fantastic feel, seem forgiving and they are plenty long. Big win for Mizuno as far as I am concerned. ..

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

Back