The Cold brew/iced Coffee Thread

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
Who besides me drinks iced coffee?

Where do you get it from? How do you make it?

I usually keep a pitcher of “concentrate” in the fridge from spring-fall and have a glass or two every morning.

I like hot coffee, but vastly prefer cold brew.

I generally toss 2” or so of coffee in the bottom of a 1 gallon pitcher and fill with cold water and let it steep over night. I’ll drain it through a paper towel lined strainer into a clean pitcher. Then each morning I grab a 30oz cup and add ice, fill the cup up about 3/4 with concentrate and then add milk to top it off.

If I want to go crazy I’ll add some sweetened condensed milk, or a creamer that I like to make the extra sweet variation.

I have a guy at my office that makes his own cold brew, concentrate, ready to drink in regular and blueberry flavor. I’ll drink the concentrate straight up every morning, fill my half up and add ice and I’m good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iced tea yes, coffee not so much. Tried it but it never pushed any buttons for me.

Stok is very good. It’s available at Target and Wal-Mart grocery stores. They have black, lightly sweetened, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do iced coffee. I just brew it in the Keurig and use a Hyperchiller. In about a minute it's chilled. Pour it in a mug and out the door I go!

Love iced coffee. I fill up my big jug before work every morning. My jug fits a whole pot plus the half and half i use.

No place in Houston makes a good iced coffee like I could get in Massachusetts

Sent from HTX

Love iced coffee. I fill up my big jug before work every morning. My jug fits a whole pot plus the half and half i use.

No place in Houston makes a good iced coffee like I could get in Massachusetts

Sent from HTX

I don’t know what part of Mass you were from but whenever we go up there to visit my inlaws we go to Marylous. Talk about a cup of pure sugar and coffee haha

I'm from MA, so the only place to get an Iced Coffee is Dunks! Love the cold brew, but am not insistent on it, but I cannot function in the morning with my Dunks Iced!

I like my iced coffee
From dunks or Starbucks with whole milk

Cold brew is good as well

I don’t know what part of Mass you were from but whenever we go up there to visit my inlaws we go to Marylous. Talk about a cup of pure sugar and coffee haha

2 large Girl Scout cookies please. Or minty lous or funky fanablas. They’re all good. Used to get 2 largest before school. At Christmas time all I’d ask for was money and Mary Lou’s gift cards. I grew up in Braintree

Sent from HTX

I drink a good amount of iced coffee, mostly from my home machine (Ninja), Dunkin or occasionally Starbucks.

Life changing experience: next time you go somewhere with “cold brew” (ex. Starbucks) ask them to steam it hot. Drink it black, it becomes thick and creamy and delicious!

I drink a good amount of iced coffee, mostly from my home machine (Ninja), Dunkin or occasionally Starbucks.

Life changing experience: next time you go somewhere with “cold brew” (ex. Starbucks) ask them to steam it hot. Drink it black, it becomes thick and creamy and delicious!

Interesting. I'll have to try that. Grabbed one from Sheetz this morning, but they were out of Cold Brew so she made me one with Espresso, that was remarkably good

Interesting. I'll have to try that. Grabbed one from Sheetz this morning, but they were out of Cold Brew so she made me one with Espresso, that was remarkably good

That sounds good!

It’s also fun to watch the Barista ‘s head explode when you ask for it.

I drink cold coffee almost exclusively now and I get my cold brew organic concentrate from Trader Joe's, add milk, vanilla creamer and honey - done!

I love cold brew, I drink it every morning. I either make my own with the kitchenaid cold brew maker or I buy Stok at the grocery story.

I usually keep a pitcher of “concentrate” in the fridge from spring-fall and have a glass or two every morning.

I like hot coffee, but vastly prefer cold brew.

I generally toss 2” or so of coffee in the bottom of a 1 gallon pitcher and fill with cold water and let it steep over night. I’ll drain it through a paper towel lined strainer into a clean pitcher. Then each morning I grab a 30oz cup and add ice, fill the cup up about 3/4 with concentrate and then add milk to top it off.

If I want to go crazy I’ll add some sweetened condensed milk, or a creamer that I like to make the extra sweet variation.

It's crazy easy to make, so I don't quite understand why folks pay for it. It takes about 5 minutes of effort spread out over two days... I have a pour over coffee system, so I use coffee filters to strain into a pitcher (I'm fancy so I use a wine carafe lol, and since it's just me, that's plenty).

I love iced coffee, but I'll also heat up cold brew and add some steamed milke or boiling water (depending on how thick the concentrate was). When I'm feeling frisky I'll add some sweetened condensed milk - wow that'll blow some skirts up. But I try not to do that all the time...mostly.

we have been buying starbucks and strok cold brew 48oz at Krogers but im thinking about getting an actual cold brew jug to put my own coffee in.

I use to make cold brew but grew tired on the process and cleanup so now buy the DD Kcups, add pink salt, stevia, cinnamon and a quick pour of unsweet almond milk, few hand fulls of ice, stir and then add another handful of ice and I'm off.

@TeedUpThoughts So cold brew and ask them to steam it? Nothing else? Interesting.....

I love cold brew, I drink it every morning. I either make my own with the kitchenaid cold brew maker or I buy Stok at the grocery story.

How does the Kitchenaid one work? We have a Toddy, which makes great coffee but cleanup is a pain in the A.

I use to make cold brew but grew tired on the process and cleanup so now buy the DD Kcups, add pink salt, stevia, cinnamon and a quick pour of unsweet almond milk, few hand fulls of ice, stir and then add another handful of ice and I'm off.

@TeedUpThoughts So cold brew and ask them to steam it? Nothing else? Interesting.....

Yup, just take the cold brew liquid and steam it to be hot. You will likely have to explain it that directly too... lol

This works well when you do the cold brew concentrate as well. Just add hot water and you have a much better hot coffee with less acid in it.

It's really easy. Here is a video, it's less than 2 minutes long.

[video=youtube;PAF4-u8dat8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAF4-u8dat8[/video]

This seems way easier to clean.

Back