Spicy Death Taco Challenge

There used to be a hotter version of this. The "Death Taco" is around 300,000 scoville, and was created because their original version, the "Zombie Taco" had the ambulance visiting their establishment way too often. I believe the Zombie Taco was around 1 million scoville.

300,000 is nothing to sneeze at. I think the wings I quoted were in the 20k range. Doable without too much problem but we're talking 15x as potent.

Huh. I just looked it up and the blazin from BW3's is about 250,000 scoville units. Roughly the same as the taco. That's the ones my assistant at work couldn't handle. I can do them, but certainly prefer not to. I've had them three times in my life. The first time I made it through the order, it wasn't pleasant but pretty easily doable. The next time I threw in the towel 3-4 in (I read it varies from 200k-350k so that makes sense). The last time I bought them because my wimpy assistant said he could handle anything hot. I plowed a couple to show him it could be done and 5 minutes later he was crying and begging for milk, lol. No pile of bones on his plate, just some tears and a lot of snot:) Once he was so concerned about his immediate health that he wouldn't notice I found me some milk too.

I can't believe they're that hot? I thought I had seen somewhere that they were in the 20k range. If they're truly that hot than the taco should be pretty easy. Should.

Huh. I just looked it up and the blazin from BW3's is about 250,000 scoville units. Roughly the same as the taco. That's the ones my assistant at work couldn't handle. I can do them, but certainly prefer not to. I've had them three times in my life. The first time I made it through the order, it wasn't pleasant but pretty easily doable. The next time I threw in the towel 3-4 in (I read it varies from 200k-350k so that makes sense). The last time I bought them because my wimpy assistant said he could handle anything hot. I plowed a couple to show him it could be done and 5 minutes later he was crying and begging for milk, lol. No pile of bones on his plate, just some tears and a lot of snot:) Once he was so concerned about his immediate health that he wouldn't notice I found me some milk too.

I can't believe they're that hot? I thought I had seen somewhere that they were in the 20k range. If they're truly that hot than the taco should be pretty easy. Should.

After the first wing, I remember telling a friend that I couldn't taste anything. That was my last foray into food that hot. Now, sauce wise, I don't get much past Frank's Red Hot, Tabasco or Sriracha. I'll eat fresh jalapeno slices on nachos and cook with jalapenos and serranos but that's as hot as I'll go.

An eating challenge where you have to wear gloves is a sign that things are about to get bad. No thank you.
My initial reaction was something like thank God I'm not 20 anymore, I probably would have been stupid enough to try it back then. Today? No thank you.

After the first wing, I remember telling a friend that I couldn't taste anything. That was my last foray into food that hot. Now, sauce wise, I don't get much past Frank's Red Hot, Tabasco or Sriracha. I'll eat fresh jalapeno slices on nachos and cook with jalapenos and serranos but that's as hot as I'll go.

My initial reaction was something like thank God I'm not 20 anymore, I probably would have been stupid enough to try it back then. Today? No thank you.

Dittos. I used to eat just about anything spicy, mostly for the adventure. These days, I just prefer flavor over heat. If it's like a chemical weapon, I'm simply not interested anymore. My best friend (who used to hate hot stuff when we were younger) buys all that ridiculous Blair's stuff online. I don't even bother to try it anymore. Frank's has become my favorite hot sauce.

I love their Mango Habanero sauce, but I haven't tried the Blazin sauce yet. I'll have to check it out. :D

I love their Mango Habanero sauce, but I haven't tried the Blazin sauce yet. I'll have to check it out. :D

Same here on the mango habanero. It's fantastic. I like it as a dipping sauce for BBQ ribs.

You should! They're hot but not unbearably so if you can handle hot stuff. I was shocked that they are in the range that they are. I'm not especially into hot stuff and I made it through an order the first time, the second time I threw in the towel. The next time I ate a couple then silently suffered because I knew what was going to happen when the guy I got them for bit into them. It was worth the minor suffering on my end to watch him, lol.

They're hot but it's hard for me to believe they're as hot as is stated.

Last edited:
My wife and I went there last weekend so I could eat a death taco. And I can honestly say... it's stupid hot. I took ONE bite, done. I thought it would be easy, but man was I wrong.

The guy behind me was trying the 3 taco challenge. He said he did the Blazin Challenge at BWW without a problem and thought this would be easy. He got through 1 taco and couldn't go any farther. 3 minutes later he was in the bathroom throwing it up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My wife and I went there last weekend so I could eat a death taco. And I can honestly say... it's stupid hot. I took ONE bite, done. I thought it would be easy, but man was I wrong.

The guy behind me was trying the 3 taco challenge. He said he did the Blazin Challenge at BWW without a problem and thought this would be easy. He got through 1 taco and couldn't go any farther. 3 minutes later he was in the bathroom throwing it up.

That BWW Challenge was a breeze for me. I did it 3 or 4 times and that was over 10 years ago when I still had a few taste buds. I have moved on to much hotter sauces since then and have to use more of them to get any heat satisfaction than I used to.

You’re crazy as hell! Don’t stray too far from a toilet

That BWW Challenge was a breeze for me. I did it 3 or 4 times and that was over 10 years ago when I still had a few taste buds. I have moved on to much hotter sauces since then and have to use more of them to get any heat satisfaction than I used to.

I think that the bolded part is the important part!

I still owe you some blazin' wings before the MC starts this year

Back