So my wife works for Philips Heathcare....a division on Philips Electronics world. Today they’re friends and family discount begins for a few days. 60-80% certain stuff. I can get their top line air fryer ($250 retail I think) for $49...do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yeah! I'll be sending you my address too if you're taking orders :act-up:.

so lets say @PKorf could order 5...I'd be in for 1 lol

Heck yeah! I'll be sending you my address too if you're taking orders :act-up:.

so lets say @PKorf could order 5...I'd be in for 1 lol

I mean it is a “friends and family” event........

OK bumping this thread. Give me some recommendations on what I should be looking for in an AF.

ddec;n8892616 said:
OK bumping this thread. Give me some recommendations on what I should be looking for in an AF.

Worth every cent.

I went with a well reviewed one on amazon that was still cheaper, 6qt iirc. Works amazing.

Jman;n8892618 said:
Worth every cent.

I went with a well reviewed one on amazon that was still cheaper, 6qt iirc. Works amazing.

6 qt good enough size? sposey013168 is telling me to go 10 qt, but that could be his Napolean complex

ddec;n8892620 said:
6 qt good enough size? sposey013168 is telling me to go 10 qt, but that could be his Napolean complex

Depends how much counter space you want to take up. I think 5-6qt is fine. Honestly only time I've found mine too small was when doing wings. I could fit more but don't like stacking them too high, while they will cook they wont get as crispy

ddec;n8892620 said:

He would.

jdtox;n8892625 said:
Depends how much counter space you want to take up. I think 5-6qt is fine. Honestly only time I've found mine too small was when doing wings. I could fit more but don't like stacking them too high, while they will cook they wont get as crispy

I lack a bit in counter space for something like that to sit around, so most of my goodies like the Instant Pot, slow cookers, and such get used, cleaned, and put away on a storage rack in the basement.

We have a Ninja air fryer that we got during prime days. I'll admit I was skeptical, but the thing is amazing. Chicken Wings and even steak are better than I remember in that thing. It does an awesome job of keeping things moist - which I know is the point - but even I was surprised how good everything comes out.

I have the counterspace issue as well, but for now this thing has a permanent spot in the kitchen.

Nappy;n8892638 said:
We have a Ninja air fryer that we got during prime days. I'll admit I was skeptical, but the thing is amazing. Chicken Wings and even steak are better than I remember in that thing. It does an awesome job of keeping things moist - which I know is the point - but even I was surprised how good everything comes out.

I have the counterspace issue as well, but for now this thing has a permanent spot in the kitchen.

I'm seeing lots of stuff on the ninja brand. What size do you have?

Jman;n8892628 said:
He would.

Can never go to big haha

6qt for us. Mostly chicken wings (being that my family is from Buffalo - and we live one city over - we BETTER do chicken wings). Love it though!

Just used mine to reheat some cold pizza, 5 mins in and it was ready to go. I love this thing

jdtox;n8894122 said:
Just used mine to reheat some cold pizza, 5 mins in and it was ready to go. I love this thing

That’s interesting. Does it crisp?

and purchase made. Going to start small with some chicken cutlets tonight. Will have to dig back through this thread for some recipes.

JB;n8894131 said:
That’s interesting. Does it crisp?

It wasn't as crisp as I had hoped but I may not have had the temp high enough. I just tossed it in and hit start which I think is 370 on mine. It was also square thicker type pizza. Either way much better than tossing in the microwave

jdtox;n8894157 said:
It wasn't as crisp as I had hoped but I may not have had the temp high enough. I just tossed it in and hit start which I think is 370 on mine. It was also square thicker type pizza. Either way much better than tossing in the microwave

You mean Jets.

ddec;n8894134 said:
and purchase made. Going to start small with some chicken cutlets tonight. Will have to dig back through this thread for some recipes.

You’re gonna love it.

ddec;n8894134 said:

Check out skinnytaste.com she has a lot of air fryer recipes. I have made the creole shrimp and chicken sausage a few times now and it's great.

Nappy;n8892648 said:
I have the 4 quart one.

https://www.amazon.com/1550-Watt-Pr...nja+air+fryer&qid=1567007929&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I guess sometimes I wish it was a little bigger, but I don't think I'd have room for it otherwise. I'm really impressed with it and I basically pulled the trigger because of the success i've had with their blenders. They seem to make quality products.
I have this exact same one, and love it. I've said it a hundred times: even if I got it for nothing other than cooking wings, it's worth every cent and more. It can do a couple dozen wings if you move them around every so often. I usually just do a dozen for myself and flip them every 6 for 24 total.

Back