And 25 minutes later, I have crispy garlic parmesan wings.

FFF13422-EEAD-4036-B376-F0C4EA16206E.jpeg20A83886-7AA3-4789-ACA8-DC0B21EAF74B.jpeg

Yeah, these are amazing. Super moist and crispy on the outside. If I only made Wong’s with this, it would be worth it.

Yeah, these are amazing. Super moist and crispy on the outside. If I only made Wong’s with this, it would be worth it.
That's the same one I've got and the same thing I've said since I got it.

And 25 minutes later, I have crispy garlic parmesan wings.

View attachment 8920977View attachment 8920978
Those look great. What temp and such did you use? I followed a recipe to dry the wings and then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then coat with baking powder to dry the wings and make them more crispy. Seemed to work pretty well, but I think my temp could have been higher.

Those look great. What temp and such did you use? I followed a recipe to dry the wings and then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then coat with baking powder to dry the wings and make them more crispy. Seemed to work pretty well, but I think my temp could have been higher.
390. I just dried them, tossed them in a tablespoon of oil, and then seasoned with some salt, pepper and garlic powder like you described. They came out crispy and tender. Really phenomenal. I’m still cooking things in it now.

Wife did a whole chicken chopped up in the ninja air fryer over for lunch, and a spicy italian pasta dish for dinner. If we did not have these devices we’d be in rough shape, but between those two and the crock pot I’d swear we were capable cooks.

The wings you guys are making look awesome. What is in the bottom of the pot?

Wife did a whole chicken chopped up in the ninja air fryer over for lunch, and a spicy italian pasta dish for dinner. If we did not have these devices we’d be in rough shape, but between those two and the crock pot I’d swear we were capable cooks.

The wings you guys are making look awesome. What is in the bottom of the pot?
It's a plate that allows the air to circulate under the food.

For all you gringos out there, I made some Tostones in the air fryer for dinner. They are made with plantains (green bananas). They were a bit dry, but that can easily be foxed with a bit less time in the fryer. I forgot about them while o was watching the Bills/Texans game. Happy to share the recipe/process if anyone is interested.
739C9D5E-6860-4131-90C6-12DAEBAEBBCB.jpegD3444AAE-F0B1-4ED6-B2A4-B8C9677049EA.jpeg039A7A3B-D48E-43D0-AFC1-4ACAB79EDDB6.jpeg774E6DA0-C717-43FC-B7D6-021A4D925A4A.jpeg

For all you gringos out there, I made some Tostones in the air fryer for dinner. They are made with plantains (green bananas). They were a bit dry, but that can easily be foxed with a bit less time in the fryer. I forgot about them while o was watching the Bills/Texans game. Happy to share the recipe/process if anyone is interested.
View attachment 8921010View attachment 8921011View attachment 8921012View attachment 8921013

Looks awesome, I love tostones. Did you make the garlic sauce that goes with it? I don’t know what the name of the sauce is, but it’s delicious! I miss that kind of food on the west coast. We have a few places, but nothing like we did growing up in Ft. Lauderdale.

Looks awesome, I love tostones. Did you make the garlic sauce that goes with it? I don’t know what the name of the sauce is, but it’s delicious! I miss that kind of food on the west coast. We have a few places, but nothing like we did growing up in Ft. Lauderdale.
I did not, but mostly because these days we try to stay healthier so I use a bit of garlic salt on them to mimic the flavor. The sauce I think you are talking about is basically a mojo, but usually made a bit thicker. Unless you are talking about Sergio’s, which in that case, it’s basically oil and garlic. Each one is amazing.

As an aside, my grandmother thought me how to cook when I lived with her and my dad, so I became very proficient at Cuban food. Tonight was picadillo and rice and beans. If you want a good source of authentic tasting recipes, try this book.

Wife and I got an air fryer from a relative for Christmas, the 4 QT Ninja. Just threw in 10 drums to take it for a test drive. I have high expectations, as it seems these contraptions have gotten 4 out of 5 dentist recommendations in this thread ?.

I've had the same one for 9 or so months and love it. We use it mainly for wings. fries and onion rings. Really nice spending $8 on a bag of frozen wings and them turning out just as good, if not better, than what we would have paid 3 times that amount for 20 wings in a restaurant. No place around here makes them spicy enough for me so it is nice to be able to do them at home to the heat level I like.

I'm going to make cookies in my air fryer this weekend. Crispy on the outside. Chewy on the inside. At least I hope!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm going to make cookies in my air fryer this weekend. Crispy on the outside. Chewy on the inside. At least I hope!

Be sure to report back on how that goes. That sounds very interesting!

Be sure to report back on how that goes. That sounds very interesting!
Will do. I've seen some great results online so we'll see.

Got my wife a Ninja air fryer convection oven for christmas and we've used it a bunch already.

Fries are awesome in there (fresh cut from potatoes), as are brussels sprouts. She did a full chicken (which needed to be chopped up but whatever) and while it was good, was a freaking mess haha!

Looking for more things to do in there soon. The air fried veggies are so good though.

Chicken wings are great using it. If you like buffalo wings, fry them then put Frank’s Redhot on them. Lemmon pepper is real good, just spray with olive oil or something like that after frying and roll in lemon pepper seasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This past weekend, we made our own tortilla chips and they were tasty. It allowed us to use tortillas that my wife wanted; we used 2 corn to 1 wheat flour (low carb) and liked the mix.

also made some “fried” pickles that my daughter loved. Definitely doing that for football this weekend

We need to use ours more. Probably haven’t touched it in 6 months.

Got the Ninja Foodie for Christmas & love it. One of the best dishes is baby potatoes, little smokie sausages & green beans. Toss them all together with some olive oil & seasoning. (y)(y)

Back