all sorts of gadgets. My GF's son has this machine that consists of a large water tank. You place a roast, or steaks suspended in the water and they are slowly heated to a 130 deg inside, then removed and fried/roasted to a glaze. Kind of a pain, but taste is perfect. Probably an expensive device.

My wife and I have decided to jump into the air fryer game. Any recommendations on a good brand or model? Our budget is $250 or less.

My wife and I have decided to jump into the air fryer game. Any recommendations on a good brand or model? Our budget is $250 or less.
$250 or less pretty much allows you buy any of them...

I personally would suggest largest one you have space for in your kitchen, consider what it will take to clean it and whether it comes apart to make that process easier. Beyond that it comes down to functions...some can dehydrate meat so you can make jerky. Not necessary, but that might be your thing...?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Today's lunch...tenderloins!

Wife's only has salt and pepper (top steak) and mine was soaked in Allegro marinade for 6 hours then added salt and pepper before frying (bottom steak).

400* for 17 mins, flipping halfway thru. Perfect medium rare.
0feca933392efe467ccfa0e8de4ef8e6.jpg
2e70043fa7b2fe4c512ddecb79a01b92.jpg
1cf8729739eadd9dc55022f48fe08329.jpg
d00107d69be28f621fad289a8cb9b236.jpg

all sorts of gadgets. My GF's son has this machine that consists of a large water tank. You place a roast, or steaks suspended in the water and they are slowly heated to a 130 deg inside, then removed and fried/roasted to a glaze. Kind of a pain, but taste is perfect. Probably an expensive device.

That's Sous Vide cooking. Incredible meats and fish using that method you can't over cook things.

What model do you have? Mine is the 10qt NuWave Brio that I picked up at Costco for like $80 6-7 months ago.

I highly recommend anyone considering getting one to get the largest unit (regardless of brand...) you can fit in your kitchen. It makes it easier to cook larger foods and allows you to cook multiple things at once -- steak and vegatables, wings and drums, etc.

Also, consider ease of clean up. Some units require you to reach into the unit to clean them...which can be a pain. Mine has a bucket that catches everything that can be lifted out of the unit and then allows me to wash the fryer basket/screen and the bucket in the sink. Super easy!

My wife picked it up, it's the instapot brand, fairly large basket.

Cooked fries in the air fryer tonight and they turned out great as usual.

Cooked fries in the air fryer tonight and they turned out great as usual.
I 2nd this ^^^

The waffle fries from Costco are amazing in the air fryer!

Just got in the air fryer game. $40 for a 6 qt from Costco. So far just chicken thighs(which were juicy and crispy). Read vegetables were good so trying carrots, sweet potatoes and bought brussel sprouts which I dont think I've ever tried but they look good.

Just got in the air fryer game. $40 for a 6 qt from Costco. So far just chicken thighs(which were juicy and crispy). Read vegetables were good so trying carrots, sweet potatoes and bought brussel sprouts which I dont think I've ever tried but they look good.
Does great work with Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, potatoes, and the like. Be careful and not overcook them.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiings!

I don’t know why I never thought to cook Brussels Sprouts in mine, I’m definitely doing that next time.
Does it make them less bitter or palatable at all? :LOL:

I never had a sprout til last night. I loved them. A little Parmesan and panko topping very good!

This is one of my absolute favorite Brussels sprouts recipe, it’s the Asian one I was talking about earlier.

I don’t know why I never thought to cook Brussels Sprouts in mine, I’m definitely doing that next time.
They are really good and the crisp is amazing!

Some basic Tyson Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer to throw on top of a big salad tonight. Yes sir!

20201108_122923.jpg

20201108_123100.jpg

The air fried blooming potato.

I need to know how you did that. They look like hasselback potatoes but way easier.

It requires one of these.

unnamed.jpg

A quick search search shows they may be out of production. My wife who came up with the blooming potato says she remembers our tater twister from our apartment which we moved out of in 1992. After spiraling the potato she pinned it with a toothpick and brushed it with a small amount of olive oil and salt.

Does it make them less bitter or palatable at all? :LOL:
I like almost any vegetable oven roasted and the air fryer does the same, no increased bitterness and it could change peoples' minds about Brussel sprouts if they don't like them

Back