After using our air-fryer for a short time, I have put together my definition of an air-fryer. An air-fryer is a machine which circulates and blows hot air over your food, removing the moisture in your food and drying it out in the process. But if you want to make potato and banana chips, then this machine may be for you.

I do chicken all the time and it has never been dry. I use a quick read thermometer to make sure I take it out at correct. Only way I can see it being dry is if it’s over cooked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooked some chicken breasts in our air-fryer last nite, even followed the directions on the recipe. Once again, like most everything else I tried making in the air-fryer, it turned out dry. I have now arrived at the conclusion that air-fryers are nothing more than food dehydrators.

What the internal temp of the chicken when you took it out of the air fryer?

I do chicken all the time and it has never been dry. I use a quick read thermometer to make sure I take it out at correct. Only way I can see it being dry is if it’s over cooked

I checked my chicken every 4 minutes to make sure it wasn't overcooked. The last four minutes of the cook time dried the meat out. Before than it wasn't done yet. It was edible, but certainly drier, and not as moist as I like my chicken

I checked my chicken every 4 minutes to make sure it wasn't overcooked. The last four minutes of the cook time dried the meat out. Before than it wasn't done yet. It was edible, but certainly drier, and not as moist as I like my chicken

That is strange. I have never had that problem.

That is strange. I have never had that problem.

It's not just last nights chicken, but everything I have cooked in the air-fryer ended up dry and dehydrated. I guess the air-fryer would be good for those who like crispy or dry food

It's not just last nights chicken, but everything I have cooked in the air-fryer ended up dry and dehydrated. I guess the air-fryer would be good for those who like crispy or dry food

That’s odd because I have cooked KC strips, chicken and pork chops and it has never been dry of crispy. Actually the opposite very moist and delicious.
I do not like crispy and dry food

My next item for my air fryer is gonna be potato chips. They should turn out nice and crispy

My next item for my air fryer is gonna be potato chips. They should turn out nice and crispy

Obviously something is wrong with your air fryer or you are doing something wrong, try returning the one you have or throwing it away.

I just saw this and wanted to chime in. It took my wife and I a few shots to get things right but when we finally did, we can get some great things out of it. Chicken and potatoes of all sorts are perfect. Tots are amazing in this thing. Haven't tried burgers yet but an earlier poster seems to be onto something and we'll give it a shot.

Obviously something is wrong with your air fryer or you are doing something wrong, try returning the one you have or throwing it away.

What could be wrong with it? It comes up to the desired temperature, the fan circulates that hot air over my food for the desired time I set. Now that I have had some time to think about it, blowing hot air over food should naturally remove moisture and dry my food out. I could not expect a different end result from a HOT AIR frying method.

Chicken nuggets turned out great. Much better than in the oven.
96ba289e05ee284a94450a5afcad9408.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What could be wrong with it? It comes up to the desired temperature, the fan circulates that hot air over my food for the desired time I set. Now that I have had some time to think about it, blowing hot air over food should naturally remove moisture and dry my food out. I could not expect a different end result from a HOT AIR frying method.

It's all about how long and at what temp you have the food in there. And not putting in too much. Air fryers do NOT dry out food when cooked correctly, as the device is intended to use.

That's how mine look when cooked, but when I eat them they are crispy especially around the edges and dry inside just like shown in your picture

That's how mine look when cooked, but when I eat them they are crispy especially around the edges and dry inside just like shown in your picture
These were crispy around the edges, which I like, and juicy on the inside. My wife and I enjoyed them.

Like I said I have not had this issue and does not seem many others have either, instead of continuing to say how much you hate it in this thread perhaps you should just not use it?

Look perfect, I do nuggets for my niece and nephew often and of course I have to eat a few haha, they are always real good, crispy outside juicy inside

Look perfect, I do nuggets for my niece and nephew often and of course I have to eat a few haha, they are always real good, crispy outside juicy inside

Yeah they're fairly quick...which is great for a night when we get home later.

Like I said I have not had this issue and does not seem many others have either, instead of continuing to say how much you hate it in this thread perhaps you should just not use it?

Stretch him.

I think it’s more than likely operator error.

Is there a croc pot thread?
I don’t think food ever comes out of those things dry.

I`m gonna try an experiment. Next time I cook something in this contraption I'm gonna put about 1/4 inch of water in the bottom and see if that helps keep food from drying out

I`m gonna try an experiment. Next time I cook something in this contraption I'm gonna put about 1/4 inch of water in the bottom and see if that helps keep food from drying out
That probably wont help as it will reduce the area under the food that the air can circulate. You might be better off putting a couple teaspoons of oil in there.

Picked up a 5 qt air fryer from Costco and of course the first thing I made was chicken wings. Super easy, quick and delicious! Will definitely be doing some experimenting

Could not resist after Walmart dropped the price on the Ninja 4 qt Air Fryer by $30. Scheduled to arrive Friday.

Could not resist after Walmart dropped the price on the Ninja 4 qt Air Fryer by $30. Scheduled to arrive Friday.
Damn, my 2 qt was $80.. buddy had the Ninja and it seems a lot better than mine

Coworker told me she made fried Oreos in the air fryer, used pancake batter (keep it thick) ...b going to try it with some double stuffs this weekend

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back