Damn, my 2 qt was $80.. buddy had the Ninja and it seems a lot better than mine

Coworker told me she made fried Oreos in the air fryer, used pancake batter (keep it thick) ...b going to try it with some double stuffs this weekend

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It was $99 a few days ago. Price drop alert and done. Have read a lot of good reviews about that unit. As long as it makes good wings, I will be happy with the purchase.

I picked up my 5qt from Costco for $55. Gourmia is the brand, it gets really good reviews. I like it so far.

I am home from work today with the kiddos, this will probably get some use

You had to go and mention Gourmia. I recently decided to go with the Ninja Foodi over the Instant Pot but now I'm sitting here scratching my head again on which unit to go with.

Question for all the air fryer users. From my understanding it's basically just a convection oven, right? So what's the difference between using that and using a convection oven? I have watched a few YouTube videos comparing them and they all said they are virtually the same, but I would rather hear from you guys what you think.

Could not resist after Walmart dropped the price on the Ninja 4 qt Air Fryer by $30. Scheduled to arrive Friday.

That's the same one I got.

Question for all the air fryer users. From my understanding it's basically just a convection oven, right? So what's the difference between using that and using a convection oven? I have watched a few YouTube videos comparing them and they all said they are virtually the same, but I would rather hear from you guys what you think.

An air fryer is essentially a compact convection oven that cooks your food at very high temperatures while circulating the dry air around with a built-in fan. An air fryer's heating element is above the food. ... Because air fryers have smaller chambers and higher speed air circulation than a convection oven, it actually takes less time than a traditional convection oven to bake/fry foods. Having said that, I must admit that personally I have not as yet become a fan of air fried food.

That's the same one I got.
I thought it was and it sounded like you have experienced a lot of success with it. Was looking at some bigger ones (5 - 6 qts) in the same price range but they all looked so cheap.

Im new to this whole thing but I think your right. The air fryers are just smaller which I would think would cook the food faster and the heat/air is closer to the food which makes it crispier?? Just a guess

Im new to this whole thing but I think your right. The air fryers are just smaller which I would think would cook the food faster and the heat/air is closer to the food which makes it crispier?? Just a guess

That's pretty much what I learned too. Every comparison I have seen said if you own a convection toaster oven then you don't need an air fryer, but I see them everywhere, which keeps making me wonder if we need one, but since we have a solid convection toaster oven I think it would be a silly purchase for us.

That's pretty much what I learned too. Every comparison I have seen said if you own a convection toaster oven then you don't need an air fryer, but I see them everywhere, which keeps making me wonder if we need one, but since we have a solid convection toaster oven I think it would be a silly purchase for us.

I didn’t think I needed one either. My son convinced me we did. The jury is still out but made some tasty chicken wings in 30 mins, so far so good.

I want one for wings this weekend, badly.

I buy wings every time I'm at the store, no matter what. My wife was out of town for work and I had wings four nights in a row, just sauced them differently. Not even sorry.

I buy wings every time I'm at the store, no matter what. My wife was out of town for work and I had wings four nights in a row, just sauced them differently. Not even sorry.

Do you put sauce on your wings during the cooking process or just add the sauce after they are cooked? Saw it done both ways when watching you tube videos last night.

They are very similar. I mostly use commercial convection ovens and although the oven box is larger, the heater is more efficient and the blower is much more robust. Air fryers get around that with a small cooking chamber for cost and space. Air fryers are pretty basic but convection ovens can have all the bells and whistles such as different blower and turbulatoe settings and liquid/steam wells (all at the cost of price and size). For the average home model there is no practical difference. With all the equipment I get to use at work, I still have an air fryer at my house.

Do you put sauce on your wings during the cooking process or just add the sauce after they are cooked? Saw it done both ways when watching you tube videos last night.

I just put them all in a tupperware or ziploc bag after they're cooked and toss them in the sauce.

I just put them all in a tupperware or ziploc bag after they're cooked and toss them in the sauce.
That is what I did when I baked frozen wings.

Do you cook them in the air fryer frozen or thawed and do you spray them with any oil prior to cooking them?

I put them in big stainless bowl after they are cooked and toss them like they do at the wing joints. I used Fresh wings and seasoned them with some salt and pepper before cooking.

That is what I did when I baked frozen wings.

Do you cook them in the air fryer frozen or thawed and do you spray them with any oil prior to cooking them?
I try to let them thaw, but I've done some that were mostly frozen. I just coat them in a basic flour breading and throw them in and cook them, flipping them every six minutes. I've only had one that got a spot a little burnt, but it was a small one, and probably just didnt get rotated. It was sitting right on top.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. Petey like wingy…

Can confirm pizza rolls in the air fryer are perfection

Ugh. You all gonna make me go buy one.

Ugh. You all gonna make me go buy one.

Do it. Stop on the way home and get a bunch of wings. Costco has like a 20 pound bag of frozen wings that are already separated into drums and flappers. Thank us later.

Do it. Stop on the way home and get a bunch of wings. Costco has like a 20 pound bag of frozen wings that are already separated into drums and flappers. Thank us later.

Hahaha, going by the butcher tonight for steak (for tomorrow) and smoked bologna an chicken (for tonight).

So I just Amazon'd one instead that will be here Sat for the first batch on Sunday!

I have a problem. Due to staying home all day with the kids thanks to the polar vortex of course we have to try new things. Today I have made chicken nuggets, pizza rolls, mozzarella sticks and onion rings in this thing lol. All were delicious except the cheese sticks. Need a better recipe for those

Back