I have a problem. Due to staying home all day with the kids thanks to the polar vortex of course we have to try new things. Today I have made chicken nuggets, pizza rolls, mozzarella sticks and onion rings in this thing lol. All were delicious except the cheese sticks. Need a better recipe for those

I have not cheese sticks but I am sure somewhere has.
I could not count how many nuggets I have in mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After trying about 10 different recipes in our new Air-Fryer I still insist that Air-Fryers are basically super-sonic food dehydrators.

Can confirm pizza rolls in the air fryer are perfection
Why didn't I think of that, awesome idea for a quick amazing snack!

Air Frier success success stories

Air Frier success success stories

I have not cheese sticks but I am sure somewhere has.
I could not count how many nuggets I have in mine

Nuggets are so quick and easy. I had some spicy garlic wing sauce I was dipping them in and they were delicious

Cheese sticks were my sons idea, probably better with store bought frozen sticks unless I find a good recipe for the breading

Why didn't I think of that, awesome idea for a quick amazing snack!

I’ve made them on the grill before so why not the air fryer haha. Sooo much better than the microwave, faster and crispier than the oven!

DyPAV_XXQAAjfDm.jpg:large

Nuggets are so quick and easy. I had some spicy garlic wing sauce I was dipping them in and they were delicious

Cheese sticks were my sons idea, probably better with store bought frozen sticks unless I find a good recipe for the breading

I’ve made them on the grill before so why not the air fryer haha. Sooo much better than the microwave, faster and crispier than the oven!

We made homemade nuggets and frozen tots last night. Came out perfect. Crispy, crunchy and perfect. We've done the frozen cheese sticks and they come out well. You just have to watch to make sure the cheese isn't bubbling out. Check often.

After trying about 10 different recipes in our new Air-Fryer I still insist that Air-Fryers are basically super-sonic food dehydrators.

With all due respect, you're doing it wrong.

I will go on record and say your issues at 100 percent operator problems!

Your hatred and trolling of the air fryer (first time I have seen someone troll an air fryer, go figure) is obvious.

Since you obviously can not use it, why not just let it go? I don’t get it

I will go on record and say your issues at 100 percent operator problems!

Your hatred and trolling of the air fryer (first time I have seen someone troll an air fryer, go figure) is obvious.

Since you obviously can not use it, why not just let it go? I don’t get it

I created this thread, and if you don't like my opinion on air-fryers then I suggest you avoid reading them. We all have opinions. The picture I posted which you commented on comes from the web-site which I included which also states that food cooked in an air-fryer comes out crispy and crunchy. BTW - crispy and crunchy translates into dry. After using my air-fryer, I have concluded that air-fryers are nothing more than high powered food dehydrators. If you prefer your food dry, crispy, and crunchy, the air-fryer is for you. For me personally, I prefer my food to retain some of it's natural juices and moisture.

I created this thread, and if you don't like my opinion on air-fryers then I suggest you avoid reading them. We all have opinions. The picture I posted which you commented on comes from the web-site which I included which also states that food cooked in an air-fryer comes out crispy and crunchy. BTW - crispy and crunchy translates into dry. After using my air-fryer, I have concluded that air-fryers are nothing more than high powered food dehydrators. If you prefer your food dry, crispy, and crunchy, the air-fryer is for you. For me personally, I prefer my food to retain some of it's natural juices and moisture.

Maybe the air fryer you purchased is the problem..or you are just cooking things too long or at the wrong temp. I'm new to this whole thing but the chicken (wings and chicken breast nuggets) I have cooked so far has been crispy/crunchy on the outside and moist inside. Nothing has been dry, not even close.

Tell that to all the various recipe books which I have been following
Can you provide an example of a simple recipe you've tried that didn't come out well? It's just strange when you are literally the only person I've heard of not find any success with this.

Can you provide an example of a simple recipe you've tried that didn't come out well? It's just strange when you are literally the only person I've heard of not find any success with this.

I got the recipes from various Pinterest sites and didn't save them because I didn't like the outcome. EXAMPLE - I tried fried tater tots and although I monitored the whole cooking process, even flipping them around a couple of times to make sure they wouldn't overcook. When they were lightly brown on the outside I took them out to try them. They ended up being slightly crispy and crunchy on the outside but dry in taste. The result of that hot air which the fan was blowing over and around my taters extracted all the natural moisture from my taters.

I'm wondering if I can turn grapes into raisins in my air fryer

Like I said we all get it you hate your air fryer. The continued trolling is just tiring.

Here’s your sign

I got the recipes from various Pinterest sites and didn't save them because I didn't like the outcome. EXAMPLE - I tried fried tater tots and although I monitored the whole cooking process, even flipping them around a couple of times to make sure they wouldn't overcook. When they were lightly brown on the outside I took them out to try them. They ended up being slightly crispy and crunchy on the outside but dry in taste. The result of that hot air which the fan was blowing over and around my taters extracted all the natural moisture from my taters.

Maybe you can try making some beef jerky in yours. Let us know how it goes!

88fc6b50337efdfa7204977a6c3bf9a1.jpg

Just for reference he is a fillet I did in the air fryer it’s not even close to dry. Heck you can see where juice ran out of it onto the plate.

So you don't have an example of a single process with timing and temp for us to give feedback if it's correct? Well, can't say we didn't try.
Lol! Got eeeem.

88fc6b50337efdfa7204977a6c3bf9a1.jpg

Just for reference he is a fillet I did in the air fryer it’s not even close to dry. Heck you can see where juice ran out of it onto the plate.

I need to try a filet in mine. How long and what temp for medium rare?

You just lost me at medium rare and filet.

That poor steak.

I set temp at 375 (make sure you preheat it which I think I already told you to do haha) these were about an inch thick. So I set it 12 minutes. Flipped them after 6 minutes. Used instant read thermometer and pulled them out at 135 internal. That was about the 11 minute mark.
One thing about meat on an air fryer make sure you have empty space in the basket so air can go under and cook from both sides. I think many people fill the backer with meat and it causes their problems

That poor steak.

I can do rare for you my brother if you ever get up here for a visit your steak is getting cooked on the big green egg

That poor steak.

That's a reference for my wife's piece :alien:

I set temp at 375 (make sure you preheat it which I think I already told you to do haha) these were about an inch thick. So I set it 12 minutes. Flipped them after 6 minutes. Used instant read thermometer and pulled them out at 135 internal. That was about the 11 minute mark.
One thing about meat on an air fryer make sure you have empty space in the basket so air can go under and cook from both sides. I think many people fill the backer with meat and it causes their problems

Sounds good to me! Appreciate the recipe.

Like I said we all get it you hate your air fryer. The continued trolling is just tiring.

Here’s your sign

Once again, I created this thread. It's difficult to troll your own thread. Seems to me that people who dislike my opinions in the thread which I created are the real trolls. Once again, If you dislike what I post and are tired of reading my posts in my thread then go elsewhere.

Great thought - That actually might work

So you don't have an example of a single process with timing and temp for us to give feedback if it's correct? Well, can't say we didn't try. Lol! Got eeeem.

If the recipes would have turned out well, then I would have bookmarked them. Seeing how they didn't then I didn't think it was necessary to save them.

But I do have one recipe in a book at home for chicken breasts which we tried. I'm not home at the moment, but I will post it when I get home.

Back