luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
We just purchased an air fryer and I am interested in what you have cooked in yours which you would consider a success.

So far, all I've attempted to make in ours is fried potatoes, hot dogs, and I also attempted a grilled cheese sandwich in it. I wouldn't claim that any of those were success stories. Maybe I need to alter how I did those.

Just ordered one too, can't wait to try it out!

Not sure what this had to do with golf, so moved from that section to the Food and Drink section.

We use our Air Fryer at least 4 nights a week. We make everything in in it from chicken wings to meatloaf. The kids heat all the frozen food in it. Pizza, mozzarella stix, potato skins, etc. Chicken breasts as well. I'm usually not a fan of chicken breasts as they are usually dry but they came out of the fryer juicy. Basically if you can fit it inside the machine it will cook it and cook it quick!

Not sure what this had to do with golf, so moved from that section to the Food and Drink section.

My fault - thank you JB

Did chicken wings last night and they were great. Took a pound of wings (about a dozen) and coated them in a mixture of one tablespoon each of salt and baking powder...this is the key to getting them crispy if you’re not deep frying. Spray a tiny bit of oil on them then cooked on 250 for like 15 minutes then shook around and kicked up to 450 for the next 15 minutes. Toss around in sauce and you’re done.

My brother made fried Doritos pickles and they were awesome! They're also great for reheating pretty much all food it seems. Costco has an incredible deal on the Phillips air fryer right now... $99.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Did chicken wings last night and they were great. Took a pound of wings (about a dozen) and coated them in a mixture of one tablespoon each of salt and baking powder...this is the key to getting them crispy if you’re not deep frying. Spray a tiny bit of oil on them then cooked on 250 for like 15 minutes then shook around and kicked up to 450 for the next 15 minutes. Toss around in sauce and you’re done.

Everything I've tried in my new fryer comes out either dry or crispy. Got to learn how to make things in it that come out not so dry.

Any tips? Anyone!!!!

I got us one for Christmas and we mostly use it for wings. Like a few times a week, wings. Even reheated a leftover turkey leg in there. Fries, tots anything else really. They're worth it.

We use our Air Fryer at least 4 nights a week. We make everything in in it from chicken wings to meatloaf. The kids heat all the frozen food in it. Pizza, mozzarella stix, potato skins, etc. Chicken breasts as well. I'm usually not a fan of chicken breasts as they are usually dry but they came out of the fryer juicy. Basically if you can fit it inside the machine it will cook it and cook it quick!
I'm really looking forward to trying the frozen food in it.

Perfect timing for this. I just decided to return the Keurig the kids got me for Christmas in favor of one of these!

Knew nothing about these until this thread popped up yesterday and now will get one very soon.

Frozen wings: 15 minutes at 350°, toss them into your sauce of choice, then back in the fryer for another 10 minutes, followed by 2-5 minutes at 400° to crisp up the skin just a bit. I've had no problems with dryness.

We successfully made crispy chicken several times.

We've also done pork and saurkraut using the pressure cooker feature on ours. It came out as good as it could be considering I prefer my pork BBQ'd always.

We just got ours so haven't had the opportunity to try more things with it.

My brother made fried Doritos pickles and they were awesome! They're also great for reheating pretty much all food it seems. Costco has an incredible deal on the Phillips air fryer right now... $99.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
We got ours from best buy for like $50 to give it a shot seemed like a no brainer!

Knew nothing about these until this thread popped up yesterday and now will get one very soon.

I know how big a fan of wings you are, and you will not be disappointed. I didn't go crazy, I got the 4 Qt Ninja. Its not the monstrosity that is an air fryer, pressure cooker, blender & clothes dryer, but its still bigger than a lot of the ones I've seen. I had 18 wings in it Saturday night with some room to spare, and I've had 12 frozen giant Walmart wings in there at once before, as well. The only thing with filling it up is you've gotta move stuff around more frequently so the ones closest to the burner don't get overcooked.

I know how big a fan of wings you are, and you will not be disappointed. I didn't go crazy, I got the 4 Qt Ninja. Its not the monstrosity that is an air fryer, pressure cooker, blender & clothes dryer, but its still bigger than a lot of the ones I've seen. I had 18 wings in it Saturday night with some room to spare, and I've had 12 frozen giant Walmart wings in there at once before, as well. The only thing with filling it up is you've gotta move stuff around more frequently so the ones closest to the burner don't get overcooked.

You just cleared up my biggest question regarding which size to get. The 4 quart sounds like about the size I would probably want. If just for me, could go with something smaller but my daughter always wants wings too when I fix them. 18 is what I usually cook for her and I and would be a pain to to cook in two different servings.

Had fried rice last night. It was awesome. required a lot of stirring to keep from crisping, but man it came out perfect.

Love my air fryer. We've basically treated it as an alternative to the deep fryer or ovem. French fries, chicken, wings, all success stories. Pork chops are next.

Had fried rice last night. It was awesome. required a lot of stirring to keep from crisping, but man it came out perfect.

Did you use foil or a pan of some sort to keep the rice falling to the bottom?

Not sure what the advantage of frying without oil is. Anyone?

Being new to the air-fryer I am still trying to find an answer to that question. So far, in my experimentation it seems like the only thing I have accomplished by cooking with hot air and no oil. is to dry everything out. I suppose that's good if you're making potato chips in it.

That's exactly it. It's not frying, but supposed to mimic it. French fries come out crunchy but not oily and much healthier. Pork chops come out juicy as heck. There's tons of advantages, mostly brought on by health consciousness.
Being new to the air-fryer I am still trying to find an answer to that question. So far, in my experimentation it seems like the only thing I have accomplished by cooking with hot air and no oil. is to dry everything out. I suppose that's good if you're making potato chips in it.
You have to cook the right things. Look up recipes online, it helps a ton. My wife uses Pintrest, it has tons of insanely yummy stuff on there. Between the air fryer and our instant pot, we are pretty much to a point where we only use the oven a couple times a month. It's great.

I just made Chinese pot stickers in my air-fryer. They turned out really well. I spritzed them with oil and cooked them for 8 1/2 mins. at 400 degrees. I turned them over at the half way point.
Since this air-fryer, oil less cooking is a new way of cooking, it's going to take some practice to get it right.

That's exactly it. It's not frying, but supposed to mimic it. French fries come out crunchy but not oily and much healthier. Pork chops come out juicy as heck. There's tons of advantages, mostly brought on by health consciousness. You have to cook the right things. Look up recipes online, it helps a ton. My wife uses Pintrest, it has tons of insanely yummy stuff on there. Between the air fryer and our instant pot, we are pretty much to a point where we only use the oven a couple times a month. It's great.

The thing is, I have been following the recipes from Pinterest. But I will say tonites pot-stickers turned out really well in it.

Back