BBQ Seasonings - What do you use?

Not really sure if it is nationwide. The Ace by my house has lots of grills/pellets/rubs/sauces and that is where I picked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got some of the gospel all purpose BBQ rub and if it doesn't taste like a saltier seasoned salt. I hope it's better on meat. Paid $10 a buccee's. I was low on Adkins so decided to give it a whirl.

They also have some kosmos Q but not sure i can justify $20-$30 on just a couple seasonings.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BBQ Seasonings - What do you use?

Got some of the gospel all purpose BBQ rub and if it doesn't taste like a saltier seasoned salt. I hope it's better on meat. Paid $10 a buccee's. I was low on Adkins so decided to give it a whirl.

They also have some kosmos Q but not sure i can justify $20-$30 on just a couple seasonings.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I use it on my ribs when I don’t make my own rub. I usually wrap the ribs with apple juice and brown sugar and that balances out the salt. Good luck with it!

My wife thinks I have a problem collecting spices
2959400a383f219c9a4f798b784b64b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple juice/cider is a great marinade for ribs. Cool im not the only one that does that!

For a rub of sorts when I do ribs or pork shoulder I usually use brown sugar (preferred) or regular sugar, salt, garlic powder as my go to every time. Then, I'll add in cajun seasoning maybe since that has the chili powder, cumin, ect... or maybe I'll skip that and use Old Bay. It depends what I have around the kitchen. Emerill's Original Essence is also good

Meat Church is my brand of choice.

They have something for anything I am cooking.

Oakridge or Naturiffic, depending on what I'm cooking.

Single best seasoning I own. 16463352775853994234949873953264.jpg

I'm also a gigantic Grill Your Ass Off fan. Their Habenero Mango is stellar and the reat are fantastic. Meat Church has a few I really enjoy as well.

Barbarian’s not sure if you can get it in the US, it is from a Toronto steak house but available in some grocery stores

A couple years ago I found a line of dry rubs in a bbq store that had a common theme: Sh!t. There was Bullsh!t, Chicken Sh!t, Good Sh!t, Special Sh!t etc. if you bought multiple bottles it came in a "sack of sh!t". I figured it was a gimmick but it was too funny to not at least buy one bottle.

I bought a bottle of the bullsh!t to try on some Tri-tip (a staple in our house). We loved it so much, its all we have ever used since!

A couple years ago I found a line of dry rubs in a bbq store that had a common theme: Sh!t. There was Bullsh!t, Chicken Sh!t, Good Sh!t, Special Sh!t etc. if you bought multiple bottles it came in a "sack of sh!t". I figured it was a gimmick but it was too funny to not at least buy one bottle.

I bought a bottle of the bullsh!t to try on some Tri-tip (a staple in our house). We loved it so much, its all we have ever used since!
I call BS!

Back